The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 f-350 Dually long box and ford tells me that a 2010 box and bumper is the same and will bolt right up...so seeing as I found a 2010 brand new take off complete with bumper real cheap, I thought I would go for it....has anyone here ever done it? Is it as strait bolt up as Ford says it is?

·
323 Posts
yup, although I have not done it yet. I am in the process of locating a '10 bed or close too it.
It wasn't until this new '11 that the flares on the wheel well are a little bolder. The '11 beds will even fit IIRC but the flares will not match front/ back
I do know for a fact that the bumper will fit as my buddy has an '06 w/ an '08 bumper. little interference with the trailer light hook-up. easy fix with dremel tool.
Ryan

Reactions: DieselGod

·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's good to know! I got the complete box, gate and bumper brand new for $2500...I guess the big jobs will be remounting my fuel tank, popup goose and 5th wheel rails.

·
645 Posts
they sell new take off 8' 2011 bed for $1800 and 6' for $2200 at Hartford Truck in Connecticut

·
3,306 Posts
they sell new take off 8' 2011 bed for $1800 and 6' for $2200 at Hartford Truck in Connecticut
wierd...the long bed is cheaper than the short bed.

·
645 Posts
wierd...the long bed is cheaper than the short bed.
well many trucks are bought with long beds, municipalities, construction co., oil co., welders, ect. They then have flatbeds, dumps, utility bodies, ect. put on the trucks, it is a rare occasion when the aforementioned is done with a shot bed.

also most of the newly purchased short bed are order by a yuppie (or pushed by the stealership) who is afraid to drive a regular (8') bed truck to wal-mart. this is also the reason why so many more short beds are trashed.

BTW i bought my 1st shorty a few months ago (only because it is an '02,7.3, 4x4 6spd, lariat) I am going to stretch it or sell it soon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts