The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard that the 2011 Cummins with the urea additive is actually going to be a better set up due to them being able to let the engine go because the urea will help it burn cleaner thus more power and better mileage. Does anyone know if this is true, I am looking at buying a 3500 crew 4x4 cab and chassis and did not know which one to get. Not to get anything started but how would the hemi perform in this unit, we haul only about 5000 pounds daily with this type of set up but with diesel costing .45 cents more per gallon and the original truck costing 6-7000 more I was just thinking about the hemi. Does anyone know anything about mileage between these 3 units and does anyone know specs. on h.p. and torque on these units. Thanks

·
Registered
93 Posts
Wait on the 2012. I have heard they will have 8 speed auto.

·
25 Posts
Wait on the 2012. I have heard they will have 8 speed auto.
i also read on another forum that the hp and tourque would be upgraded to 450/850 with the new 8 speed .:peelout

·
Let it all Ride
1,316 Posts
Wait for '12 fpr sure. I talked with a guy at Cummins and he said there will be one hell of a big power adder that ear. Guess we'll see.

·
362 Posts
I am looking at a 2010 3500 Crewcab SB SRW ST 4X4 Model Myself, I can get it at a good price and want to get back into a Diesel Truck, It looks like a plain jane truck but does have some extras/upgrades that make the deal good. I had a 06 3500 with the 5.9, I miss the power and torque of a Diesel. I am back in a 1/2 ton truck now but not for long if I can help it.

·
Built Not Bought
3,072 Posts
Wait for '12 fpr sure. I talked with a guy at Cummins and he said there will be one hell of a big power adder that ear. Guess we'll see.
Is this the same thing we were talking bout one day???? If so i just got another source to add to it same thing. :woohoo:woohoo:woohoo:D I could def get rid of Betsy for one of those

·
Born in the USA
2,651 Posts
I'm holding out for a '12.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts