The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
5,365 Posts
the 6.4 / 2008 was also introduced at the home of BIG TEX !

·
1,077 Posts
I'm hungover as **** but that makes me feel better. Only two more weeks to wait... Sweeeet

·
63 Posts
Anybody else get a chuckle out of this part?

This Bosch supplied system uses third generation piezo-electric injectors and operates with fuel pressures of 30,000 psi. It's high pressure and precise pulse control allow the system to perform up to five individual injection pulses per power cycle. At idle, the system uses three pulses, two pilots and one primary pulse.

After showing us a cut-away of the engine, we were taken out to a garage where a prototype truck equipped with the new engine was sitting at idle. As we approached the truck it was remarkably quiet with none of the clatter that we've become accustomed to from big, oil-burning trucks. We stood next to the truck talking in normal voices, something that's all but impossible with the current Navistar supplied engine.
Nevermind that the current Navistar 6.4L also has piezo injectors and uses three injections at idle. Autoblog's diesel knowledge = FAIL.

·
2,126 Posts
The fair starts in 3 days but I don't know when they are showing the new truck.

·
5,365 Posts

·
******* with some Bling
421 Posts
Anybody else get a chuckle out of this part?

Nevermind that the current Navistar 6.4L also has piezo injectors and uses three injections at idle. Autoblog's diesel knowledge = FAIL.

But what yours dose not have are the TWO pilot pulses These get the combustion started that is why it is different

1 - 10 of 10 Posts