The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Duramax/Allison
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had an unusually cold morning and decided to video the engine start after two days of sitting out in cold weather, and an over night cold soak at well below freezing... sure, this ain't Ottawa in January, but cold it was!

·
Haulin' Azz
3,111 Posts
Frozen climate problems with the DEF has our 2 trucks still limping ........dealer is still waiting for an answer ..... WTF 8 days .

·
272 Posts
trade it off................get a cummins

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
yea i would trade a truck with a minor problem for one with turbo issues and cylinder wash down..... wayyyyyy better decision:bash

Easy if thats all you feel like posting in the duramax forums, dont do it at all, its helps no one and aggravates everyone

That thing is way too quiet 747, Im used to mine firing up and rumbling and whistling LOL I noticed that your engine isnt a whole lot quieter than mine when it idles up

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts

Heres mine cold start at 11*f

Reactions: 747MD11

·
Duramax/Allison
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, it's quiet, but at 1000rpm idle up, it's a bit of a noise machine...wife always *****es at me about it waking her up when I go early in the Morning..

As for trading it in, yeah... urea issue is a non-issue... GM will have a fix soon, and it's something that is going to be an issue for ALL 2011 and newer trucks / diesels anyway.... freezing temp is the problem, they need to come up with an additive or another solution to keep it from freezing.

·
That guy
141 Posts
My old LB7 don't sound to bad either cold starting.

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
Good Old LB7's, gota love that rumble :thumbsup

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
its about -10f here right now, i havnt seen -40f yet this winter, but its not over yet.... :bang there was so much snow and ice under my truck last week that i had to crawl under and knock some off to get my transmission linkage to loosen up so i could get my damn truck in gear :damnit

1 - 13 of 13 Posts