The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had an argument with my Ford dealer and decided I can live with the small cab on the lml and the small seats etc and want to give one a try. I do not care about warranty and only keep my trucks a couple years except my 6.4L F250 because it is such an awesome truck.
My biggest concern is that my business partner has a new 6.7 Ford and will be getting the Spartan Warhammer 200 tune and it would suck to get my *** handed to me I would probably have to give the lml to my wife if that happened.
So what is with PPE are they close? They added 500 pounds to the LML will they ever be as fast as they used to? and I heard even if they could make the power will the new Allison hold it?
I want to be able to run with a tuned 6.7

Also can you 4 wheel launch the 6.6 LML or is the traction control on a HD Denali going to mess a guy up? my father in law had a Denali SUV and what a POS (traction control) Some models you have to unplug a abs sensor to actually shut the traction control off the botton just limits the traction control. Do they have an electric locker in the back?

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
They use the G-80 locker in the rear

Not sure on the transmission, I would imagine it would be the same as all of the previous dmaxes, your gona need to build it to beat on it

Dont think there is traction control in the dmax trucks

H&S should have their tuner out for the LML
http://www.hsperformance.com/store/index.php/chevy-gmc/2011/tuners-electronics.html

On the highest level you should be able to get 475-500rwhp with that tuner

PPE should have something coming in a month or two...

I cant believe the owner of dirty Diesel is buying a Dmax..... you gona bring that big green beast back to the blackout in August?

·
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol I am not brand loyal.

I love my 6.4L Fords and still have both my 2008 green one (now lowered) and my 2010 2WD Reg Cab 6.4L 1000 RWHP truck.

I lowered my green one and took all the gaay flashy lift and bling off it. It is now retired so you probably wont see it on the track but you will see the new D max on there and the 2WD.

Attachments

·
Pardue the Traveler
4,023 Posts
Not that I recommend it, but don't forget that Bully Dog also a tuner for LML.

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
Not that I recommend it, but don't forget that Bully Dog also a tuner for LML.
I was going to suggest the bullydog but the power numbers they are throwing out are considerably smaller than the ones from H&S

Bully dog is almost going the 'banks' route with "safe" tunes instead of fun tunes

Rob PPE will be releasing an updated Xcellerator for the LML soon... IMHO I would wait until they come with it before you make your choice

Currently EFIlive is at a standstill with the LML ECM... GM has made it difficult, you cant read the stock Flash off the ECM, downloading from the ecm has been locked, you can still flash to the ecm with a modified tune, you just cant read the tune from the ecm...(without cracking the ECM open and hotwiring it)

The 6.7 and the LML should be a pair of Gorillas once they get the performance parts on the market for them

:nopics:

Im happy you stripped all the blingy crap off your rig, there are enough douchey people running around red deer with that crap on.. I look forward to seeing your guys rigs this summer :happymugs:

·
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
truck comes in first week of june.
From there it goes straight to Flo Pro for a true turbo back 5" they are using the truck to build it. Then urea tank delete and H&S tuner. Will probably mount my nitrous bottle where the Urea tank was lol

·
Pardue the Traveler
4,023 Posts
That sounds like it's going to be a killer truck

·
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Truck came in yesterday

working on the mods
got the painted door handles and rims on yesterday

Goes in Monday for a custom true 5" turbo back at Flo Pro. They will have it for a few days

Attachments

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
Looks Sick Rob :rock

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Looks killer. Looking forward to seeing how it runs once you get it all setup.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts