The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you guys set up your Bluetooth yet? Gotta be one of the nicest features yet.

Totally handfree cell phone use. Darned pickup will dial the phone and even pick it up for ya while it is still in your pocket.

Kinda strange talkin' to the sunvisor tho........

Allan

·
3,533 Posts
I have a 2007.5 GMC, I tell it the number it phones and I talk. I am real glad to see FORD is getting into the real world.

·
3,533 Posts
I forgot to add my truck gets reception when a cell phone has no service, It is real handy when the nearest cell towers are 70 miles apart!

·
307 Posts
I have a 2007.5 GMC, I tell it the number it phones and I talk. I am real glad to see FORD is getting into the real world.
You're joking right??? Ford has had SYNC long before it was ever a thought in GM. GM's Onstar can't hold a candle to Fords SYNC technology. SYNC has received every award possible, rave reviews from auto testers...nothing about onstar.
SYNC will adjust the HVAC , change radio station, play certain songs, etc. with a command of your voice.
Ford MyTouch has already made GM's new interiors archaeic. The Chevy cruze just debuted and is already behind in technology.
Ford offers MyKey which is a pre programmed key you give to your kids and the radio volume doesn't go beyond half way, speedometer goverened to 75 and other stuff.

so in reality, it's good to hear GM is "trying" to enter the real world

·
307 Posts
Considering that OnStar has an annual subscription fee of $300 while Ford's sync is FREE. Plus, OnStar's functionality has fallen way behind MyFord Touch and you see GM trying to add services like text and FaceBook to OnStar... scrambling to "catch-up"...

Talk to any old analog OnStar user and they got a pile of scrap metal when GM discontinued their subscription service... value? what value? At least Sync is software based and easily upgradable while OnStar is still hardware based boat anchor.

Ford added 911 Assist and Vehicle Health reports to SYNC in 2009, and both those features can be installed over older SYNC versions via USB for free.

Another sweet FORD feature is keyless entry. Going surfing , mountain biking, fishing, etc.. just throw your keys in the center console and go have fun. Return, punch your number on the keypad and you're back in your vehicle. Onstar requires you to carry a cell phone, give them your ID blah blah blah. Cellphones don't seem to work well after submerging them in water.

·
3,533 Posts
I carry my keys, with me I have pockets, they are cloth coverings you put things in. I live in a small community, and have friends that have Fords they never lock because of the touch pad.
I really do believe Ford will have lots of customers for the new pickups, I have read a lot about them and every single piece seems to be great, to bad it does not work as a whole. I have a friend that has one, a new6.7, it is worked all the time and compared to his 6.4 it is a great unit. he even has 6.0 it smokes a lot on start up but still works. The reason he buys Ford is that no one else will give you anything for a used Ford. I was in a Toyota lot getting parts for a customer a friend who is a Ford guy, great truck 1999 with a 7.3. needs a heads up display. Anyways he was amazed at the prices of the used Fords, Really cheap. I guess if you want any kind of trade in you need to buy a new FORD.
It is good to hear from the sales people I am always interested in how you spin the newest hype.
Personally I use my truck to work it, if I want a video game I will do that at home. Lots of fun talking to Fords sales force any idea when they are going to fix it?

·
5,365 Posts
Have you guys set up your Bluetooth yet? Gotta be one of the nicest features yet.

Totally handfree cell phone use. Darned pickup will dial the phone and even pick it up for ya while it is still in your pocket.

Kinda strange talkin' to the sunvisor tho........

Allan
ive had that since 2004 w/ my Pioneer deh9800bt

·
307 Posts
I carry my keys, with me I have pockets, they are cloth coverings you put things in.
I guess if you want any kind of trade in you need to buy a new FORD. It is good to hear from the sales people I am always interested in how you spin the newest hype.
Personally I use my truck to work it, if I want a video game I will do that at home. Lots of fun talking to Fords sales force any idea when they are going to fix it?

care to explain that again?
I am not a salesmen, just an informed truck buyer who knows best.

·
Powerstroker
58 Posts
I carry my keys, with me I have pockets, they are cloth coverings you put things in. I live in a small community, and have friends that have Fords they never lock because of the touch pad.
I really do believe Ford will have lots of customers for the new pickups, I have read a lot about them and every single piece seems to be great, to bad it does not work as a whole. I have a friend that . . .
Another great post!
I always find your posts entertaining, Thanks!

Reactions: bushpilot

·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah,

Didn't mean to get a howl going here. Just thought it was kinda neat when the thing answers the phone fer me. :>)

Allan

·
Administrator
12,738 Posts
Yeah,

Didn't mean to get a howl going here. Just thought it was kinda neat when the thing answers the phone fer me. :>)

Allan
It is neat! My classic doesn't have anything like that, the closest thing I can do is pay $9.95/ month to Verizon and they will setup a different phone number and I can call form my truck through Onstar. It doesn't cost anything through Onstar, and I used to have it, but neverreally used it enough to make it worth the money.

·
3,533 Posts
Mind Me! I really like the new Ford truly I do. I just get a little upset when everything is so great and bragged about, then when they loose the tow in the rockies, the excuses flow like water. When the new truck came out their were hundreds of posts bragging about it. I am a mechanic, and learned a long time ago that when someone sells something real hard it is usually a lot of HYPE. TOYOTA is a prime example.
Keep on bragging I am interested in the new features, technology is a wonderful thing.

·
Administrator
12,738 Posts
Just remember, it's all opinions for the most part. Contests can always be rigged, and I would have to imagine they typically are.

Let's just respect each other's opinions, even if we feel they are wrong since they may think ours are wrong.

In my Grandparents house there was a sign when you walked in the door -

In this house you are entitled to your wrong opinion

LOL

·
5,365 Posts
Mind Me! I really like the new Ford truly I do. I just get a little upset when everything is so great and bragged about, then when they loose the tow in the rockies, the excuses flow like water. When the new truck came out their were hundreds of posts bragging about it. I am a mechanic, and learned a long time ago that when someone sells something real hard it is usually a lot of HYPE. TOYOTA is a prime example.
Keep on bragging I am interested in the new features, technology is a wonderful thing.
man let it GO !

Reactions: Hydro

·
307 Posts
I am always interested in how you spin the newest hype.
Personally I use my truck to work it, if I want a video game I will do that at home

so, which is it..... That's right neither. You just come over to try and stir the pot. You can leave now GM fanboi :kick

·
Mafia member #6
1,714 Posts
•For the first time since 2001, sales of Ford F-Series (528,349) were greater than combined sales of Chevrolet Avalanche, Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra full-size pickups (520,444)

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
You're joking right??? Ford has had SYNC long before it was ever a thought in GM. GM's Onstar can't hold a candle to Fords SYNC technology. SYNC has received every award possible, rave reviews from auto testers...nothing about onstar.
SYNC will adjust the HVAC , change radio station, play certain songs, etc. with a command of your voice.
Ford MyTouch has already made GM's new interiors archaeic. The Chevy cruze just debuted and is already behind in technology.
Ford offers MyKey which is a pre programmed key you give to your kids and the radio volume doesn't go beyond half way, speedometer goverened to 75 and other stuff.

so in reality, it's good to hear GM is "trying" to enter the real world
sync didnt come out until 09.5 though didnt it?

·
307 Posts
Ford first offered SYNC for sale in 2007 in twelve 2008 model year vehicles.
onstar was out before SYNC, but a huge flop (see my above post about paying for service and not able to upgrade).

re: to post #11- Allen in NE, if your phone & service is capable, SYNC will also read your text mesages to you.

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
Ford first offered SYNC for sale in 2007 in twelve 2008 model year vehicles.
onstar was out before SYNC, but a huge flop (see my above post about paying for service and not able to upgrade).

re: to post #11- Allen in NE, if your phone & service is capable, SYNC will also read your text mesages to you.
well i meant for the superdutys...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts