The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I'm not sure if i'm posting this in the right section but I have heard that you cant put exhaust stacks or the saddle-like aluminum fuel tanks (like they use on tractor trailers) on the 2011 trucks and was wondering if that is true? Any info would be great. Thank you

Mike

·
Tebow-in'...
1,243 Posts
i'm confused. what pickup trucks can you put saddle tanks on?

·
16 Posts
I think exhaust stacks would eliminate the emissions parts on the exhaust system and bring you out of compliance with federal/state law (if you care). The tank issue can be resolved by a replacement tank. I installed a 50 gallon Transfer Flow tank. It cost about $800, but my range is now over 650 miles unloaded and over 450 loaded with a 3000# camper while towing a Jeep.

·
Let it all Ride
1,316 Posts
I have never seen a sadle type fuel tank on a pickup truck.

·
Man. Trans 2wd Enthusiast
185 Posts
saddle tanks only look cool if you have a chassis cab, with a sleeper, no bed, and a fifth wheel plate or gooseneck ball on the bare frame. otherwise, saddle tanks look like utter **** IMHO. especially under flatbeds.

now if you are talking putting a semi truck 150 gallon or so tank into the bed, I would say save the bed space and get a titan tank. as far as the stacks...do what you want. I hate them, but others think they are ******, so to each their own.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts