The Diesel Garage banner

2013 Ram

11K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  Dodgefarmer 
#1 ·
Here is a link to information on the 2013 Ram http://www.allpar.com/trucks/ram/2013-heavy-duty-pickups.html

The Cummins ratings depending on model and how equip.

Horsepower
@ rpm

Lb-ft @ rpm

Required
Transmission

Cummins Diesel

385 @ 2,800

850 @ 1,600

Aisin ASC69RC (Ram 3500)

Cummins Diesel

350 @ 2,800

660 @ 1,500

Six-speed manual

Cummins Diesel

370 @ 2,800

800 @ 1,600

68RFE six-speed automatic

See less See more
#2 ·
Glad to see them keep the manual trans!

Sent from my iPad using smoke signals.

#4 ·
Moved to the New 2013+ section. Feel free to post the info you guys find here in this section!

:thumbsup

#5 ·
#6 ·
Today while at the dealer getting my oil changed, I looked at the 2013's on the lot. They looked very nice:D, much better then my 07, just waiting to pull the plug on a new one.

Wanted to see if I could tell how they increased the RA capacity by 200 lbs... They increased the rear tire pressure to 75 psi from 70 in the prior years. Why they didn't go to a full 80 and give a full 6390 that the tires are rated for except to give it to the 3500 srw trucks. Also the rear spring they are going with a 3 leaf main pack instead of a 4 leaf pack on the 2012 and earlier models. Also it looked like the overload lower leaf is a bit thicker on the 2013 but didn't have a way to measure.

Who has any experience with the Capless fueling system? The 13 has no filler cap for the diesel, just a spring loaded flap inside the fill tube. I see contamination issues. The fuel door on the body has a thin seal that is supposed to seal dirt and water from getting into the capless system. Any one who works/drives in dusty conditions will understand how dust seems to find its way inside. Also I can see water getting in, especially if using a pressure washer to wash and blowing water into the filler area. IMHO, I imagine the seal on the door will have to be watched and replaced when it starts to leak.
If and when I get one the first thing I will do is get some kind of a cap to cover the fill tube opening so water and dirt don't get inside the fill tube and on the flapper. Otherwise I think:shrugs the capless system is just asking for dirt/moisture getting into the fuel

#7 ·
It will be easy to pick out the Dodge guy in the convenience store .

112.56 on Diesel pump #3

Pack of Marlboros

3 pack of Trojan "dust covers". :tada

:roflol:

Wes

Reactions: Dodgefarmer
#8 ·
Benefits of capless fill necks obviously for gassers currently using the technology.

I rented a Ford car once with one.

-Less chance for gas smell on your hands. You simply flip open the fuel door and stick the pump nozzle in. Not having a twist-on/off cap is one less contact with a gasoline-vapor odor source.
-No worries about paint scratching from the dangling gas cap, which manages never, ever to fit properly into whatever holder or restraint the automaker provides to keep it out of the way during fueling.
-No embarrassing cap-dangle that’s a result of driving off in a hurry and forgetting to put the cap back on.
-Minimal chance of bad guys siphoning out your $4 gas. Capless systems use various mechanisms in the fuel-filler neck that make it nearly impossible to stuff in a garden hose and drain a victim’s tank.
-No more discomfort for people with arthritis or other impairments that make the act of twisting a cap awkward or painful.

#9 ·
Wes,
Your points are all legit:thumbsup, but I still prefer to keep the dust and moisture out of the fuel tank. Just looking at the seal :confused:on the door I find it hard to believe it will keep the junk out the fuel tube over time. At times during the year the dust is all around and it will find its way to places you don't want it, I even have to resort to blowing the dust out of my cab with the air hose. I have fuel filters and water seperators on my bulk tanks to filter it before it gets pumped and I can easily get triple the life of fuel filters in vehicles and equipment then the manufacture recommends. Maybe when I get older :hahaand get arthitis I'll appreciate the capless system.

#10 ·
Your disadvantages are valid for sure. I snagged those from an manufacturer website. Of course they didn't note any disadvantages. :wiggle

Another possoble disadvantage would be whether it accepts the larger fuel nozzle at a big truck pump.

#11 ·
Well the new Ram is looking very nice.. specially the exterior and the color combination both are awesome... but the interior is unbelievable, because its completely leather... and I love the leather interior.. the controls on dash are also very good. Thanks fro sharing this great review...

#13 ·
Picked mine up a few weeks ago. So far I'm lovin' it! Haven't paid much attention to mods though, only kept up to speed on my 05. It's like starting over, I don't even know whats out there. (not that I have any $ left for mods anyway)

#14 ·
For Weld Engineer

QUOTE=Weld engineer;1150338]Benefits of capless fill necks obviously for gassers currently using the technology.

Weld Engineer,
here is my first "mod" to my 2013 to leason the chance of dirt getting in due to the capless system. Its simply a hydraulic fitting plastic cap that comez on many fittings, pumps etc.

Attachments

Reactions: Weld engineer
#15 ·
QUOTE=Weld engineer;1150338]Benefits of capless fill necks obviously for gassers currently using the technology.

Weld Engineer,
here is my first "mod" to my 2013 to leason the chance of dirt getting in due to the capless system. Its simply a hydraulic fitting plastic cap that comez on many fittings, pumps etc.
Nice looking ride and cool mod. Greetings from Germany. Diesel fuel at the station we drove by was 1.60 Euro per liter or about $8.00 a gallon. :night

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.