·
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
3,533 Posts
This summer when all the new ratings are out, someone should arrange for one of each do a test drive, I would like to see them start at Seattle, run up I 90 to Butte Montana, up to Canada on I 15 to Lethbridge, then down the #3 to Rock Creek down the #33 to Kelowna up the 97C to Merritt, down the #5 to the 264th exit south across the boarder back to Seattle. Load them with the full weight they say they can handle. Full of fuel at Seattle and run 12 hours, pack a lunch, just like a customer would use their truck. none of that sissy BS 7% grade to test for a few miles. This way if they fail, a buyer would know. I live in Rock Creek, beer is in the fridge, and a weigh scale is at Midway, Free!
I do like the look of the Goose neck mount.
Doing this wrought would prove they have a truck that can do the JOB, not some numbers pulled out of their butt.

·
1,324 Posts
I keep seeing Dodge dually's with Cummins around the Detroit area with m plates (manufacturer) but they have Roush on the door. Many times there are 3 cruising the highway together so something is going on. Fun part of living in MI is seeing the occasional camouflaged new vehicle being driven on the highways or manufacturers testing vehicles.

·
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its a 2013.5

Here is a link to Cummins TurboDiesel News letter on the new Cummins engine that the are calling a 2013.5 model year. I guess they like thye XXXX.5 mid year changes like the 07.5, and a few others.

http://turbodiesel.cumminsnewsletters.com/

The link has info on HP/Torque ratings for various models and transmission options.

·
36 Posts
new 3500 rams are having frame problems and have not towed anything at this time. Not a good thing for rv'rs.
chevman

·
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
new 3500 rams are having frame problems and have not towed anything at this time. Not a good thing for rv'rs.
chevman
What kind of problems have you heard about?

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
No 3500 DRW have left the plant. Ram is aware of a problem that came up when the first 10 DRW were built and is correcting an issue with the frame. Ram has also said this problem will not and does not effect the 2500s and 3500 SRWs. just a minor speed bump and was caught in house.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts