The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the average trans temps when towing with the 210 tune!

·
191 Posts
mines usually about 160-180 with 15+K, If you get in to stop and go traffic it will get warmer but not if you are just cruising or an occasional start and stop.

·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mines usually about 160-180 with 15+K, If you get in to stop and go traffic it will get warmer but not if you are just cruising or an occasional start and stop.
I see 181>196 un loaded crusing down the hwy in 85f weather.

·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
When was the last time you changed your tranny fluid? That isn't terribly high, but its higher than it should be unloaded.
Running the 310 noticed the tc slipping around 450rpm & 4th 1350rpm, happened once, reinstalled the stock tcm & backed down to the 210 tow performance, on friday installed magtec deep pan, new internal filter, flushed the trans & installed Amsoil fluid, I'm thinking I hurt the trans, maybe a bad seal in the pump, now DTC's
Just got back from a three hour drive unloaded, the temp was holding @ 185f @ 60mph when @ a stop idling the temp drops down to 165-170 with the 210 slipage is well within spec, through the gears 490-980rpm & locked .50-2.9rpm.

P.S. there was no metal parts in the trans pan, fluid condition was in need of flushing

Going to Myrtle Beach in two weeks with the fith wheel.

·
Spartan Diesel Tech
969 Posts
Don't worry about what slip is going through the gears. It only matters when the converter is locked. Still not sure why the temps would be in that range. They aren't bad like I said before, but it seems like at those temps you would be loaded up. I hot lapped my truck one night at the track and never saw above 185 degrees running the 310/TCM.

·
773 Posts
I see the same temps as you do and am wondering if it's the suncoast equipment or if there is some thing wrong, I think it could be electrical and related to whatever controls opening and closing the flow to the oil cooler.

·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I see the same temps as you do and am wondering if it's the suncoast equipment or if there is some thing wrong, I think it could be electrical and related to whatever controls opening and closing the flow to the oil cooler.
Flow to the oil cooler is constant feed off the oil pump, I checked flow through the cooler, removing the return line, seems to be good flow, checking my old data logs & my temps are 164-172??

·
1,415 Posts
Have you cleaned your coolers out lately?

·
773 Posts
I had my cooler flow tested, and am going to Red Deer next week to see if there is anything wrong or if it's just the nature of the beast.

·
1,415 Posts
I ment exturnally. I know mine get plugged every couple months and I should pull them all out one day. But I have been getting away with letting the garden hose go for a few hours.

·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had my cooler flow tested, and am going to Red Deer next week to see if there is anything wrong or if it's just the nature of the beast.
When you had your coolers tested what did they fined?

·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I ment exturnally. I know mine get plugged every couple months and I should pull them all out one day. But I have been getting away with letting the garden hose go for a few hours.
(Garden Hose) what do you mean, we are talking about trans oil external coolers, your trans coolers should not get plugged unless you have trans problems.

·
1,415 Posts
I mean like the outside. It gets plugged by dirt/bugs/ whatever else is in the air. So what im getting at is have you checked to make sure your I/C, Power steering, A/C condersor are all clear so the proper air flow gets to the tranny cooler. You would be amazed what comes out of them things.

·
1,415 Posts
An extream case of plugged. Yes this is my truck to.

Attachments

·
773 Posts
When I had my cooler checked, they said it flowed like new n

·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
1,415 Posts
picture is worth a million words lol. but its just something thats free and easy to check. right now mine runs around 177 empty on the highways. when it gets like that im around 190-200 so it does make a huge differance.

Reactions: hotrodstones
1 - 18 of 18 Posts