The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,567 Posts
matt05 said:
Nitto makes them, not sure what rating they are. They are like 325/55/22 which is a 35.
he is looking for a 24" rim though...:poke:

·
511 Posts
dont you think thats look funny?

·
Levi
115 Posts
f350bart said:
dont you think thats look funny?

its a southern thing.. you would be surprised how many lifted trucks i see running 24s With big mud tires down here in florida... but when you go futher north you dont see it as much...

but if you cant find it you can get them made.. cost a lot more money but i think it would look good...

·
282 Posts
You might try www.toyo.com and go through the different tires.... I know mine are 37's on 22's and they are rated for 3400 lbs... You might be better off going to a Semi truck rims and tires!! Those should be load rated!!

·
1,409 Posts
I have been looking for a set of 15" steel wheels to run, nobody makes them. 24's !?? That just screams pavement pounder IMO.

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
they have a bunch of that crap around here. not a big fan of the big wheel look. a friend of mine has 40" x-terrains on 20's, which doesnt look too bad thats to all the sidewall. but it still isnt right in my book. :2cents also, sorry for contributing absolutely nothing.

Garrett

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
SSpeeDEMONSS said:
they have a bunch of that crap around here. not a big fan of the big wheel look. a friend of mine has 40" x-terrains on 20's, which doesnt look too bad thats to all the sidewall. but it still isnt right in my book. :2cents also, sorry for contributing absolutely nothing.

Garrett
Hey, at least your honest!!

·
511 Posts
yours isnt to BAD, j/k i really do like that truck

·
TDG Single Club Member#14
1,086 Posts
yeah i found a set of 37's on 24's but a set of tires are 2400 bucks for kuhmo's

·
TDG Mafia Member #82
1,092 Posts
guess i have it too!!!

·
Got Torque?
2,577 Posts
I have 37x13.5 Toyo MT's on 24's. The look like this:

(those are 285's next to them...makes them look outright small)

I am not aware of a 35 on 24's at all. The lower profile tires made for 24's are:

295/40-R24's (33.3" tall)
285/40-R24's (33.0" tall)

I do not think there is a 315 or 325 on 24, which is about what you would need to get to 35". The next level is the 37's, which I am switching to. FYI, my avatar is with the 19.5's.

Semi wheels (22.5 or 24.5's) will be load rates, but you can't get a 35" version for the 24.5's. Not even for the 22.5's. There is a 19.5 version (like a lot of UPS/FedEx trucks), and it looks like this:

That is a 285/70-R19.5 tire, 35.3" tall. Load rated too. But, I would advise NOT going to the half sizes. I had them, and with any power at all, on just a wet surface, I would light up all 6 (I have a dually). Forget snow. The reason is they are too hard. They are hard because they are 14-16 ply (vs. something like 8 for our normal tires) and they are run at around 100psi plus. Hard as a rock. And with about the handling of the Flinstone mobile. I caution anyone against them. There are lots of 20-24" options that you can get lighter, grippier tires for. When you say load rated, how much load do you need? Most tires (except the real low pros) that will fit those 20-24" rims will come close or exceed the factory ratings.

You can see a lot of options at places like American Force (http://www.americanforcewheels.com/), but steer away from the 1/2 sizes. There is a hot tow rig there too:

http://www.americanforcewheels.com/F450-F550-wheels.html

That is the one with the 33.3" tall 295/40-R24's.

Ralph

1 - 18 of 18 Posts