The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
BCJAG72
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does the shifting of the 310 compare to the 250? Does the 310 shift hard like the 250 or is it more gentle like the 210 tune? Which tune is more street nice 310 or 250?

·
Registered
639 Posts
Well the 310 is an all out race tune if that tells you anything....can it be driven every day...yes.

·
cool as december
1,032 Posts
I dont have it, but i want it bad. Like said above its a race tune, and if i built a race trans for a car, i would want it to shift with some authority...

·
52 Posts
I put the 250 tune in about a month ago by accident and it didnt shift as good as the 275 or the 310.
Thanks Dale

·
TDG #97
1,234 Posts
up.mi.man

You have the 310 tune?

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
Say what? new guy with 310 tune?

·
773 Posts
Say what? new guy with 310 tune?
He has a history, had a BIG HP 6.0l, helpfull for testing I guess, I'd just like to know where mine is......

musta go lost in the mail:(

·
52 Posts
Ive been around for a long long time at one point i had computer problems and lost everything i ended up changing my screen name on all the sites i go on including a lot of snowmobile sites when i tryed using my screen name it would always say my name was already taken. i kinda got bored for awhile and didnt really say to much online but i read alot. So as far as the new guy NOT BY A LONG SHOT.
Thanks Dale
Teal Lake Radar

·
52 Posts
Ive been around for a long long time at one point i had computer problems and lost everything i ended up changing my screen name on all the sites i go on including a lot of snowmobile sites when i tryed using my screen name it would always say my name was already taken. i kinda got bored for awhile and didnt really say to much online but i read alot. So as far as the new guy NOT BY A LONG SHOT.
Thanks Dale
Teal Lake Radar Runs

Also i just got the 310 for the dyno runs in Escanaba Mi this weekend.And to do some testing.
Thanks Dale

·
543 Posts
I think the 310v1 is the absolute best, most completely assembled tune I have ever had the chance to use in any truck I have ever owned, bar none. Transmission shifting and lock up, low end, throttle response, mid range, roll on power, manageable EGTs as long as you watch...
I tow with it and the mileage is up to snuff too.
Everything in it works for me...

·
124 Posts
I think the 310v1 is the absolute best, most completely assembled tune I have ever had the chance to use in any truck I have ever owned, bar none. Transmission shifting and lock up, low end, throttle response, mid range, roll on power, manageable EGTs as long as you watch...
I tow with it and the mileage is up to snuff too.
Everything in it works for me...
I'm convinced. I think it's time.....:happymugs

·
Registered
370 Posts
No comparision, the 310 is WAY ahead of the 250 (hp,tranny/lockup,power delivery,etc). If that is what your looking for then the 310 is the way to go. It is suppose to be a full race tune, but as George has said, many use it as a daily driver. I've towed with it also, up to about 10k and EGT is very manageable. If you want to make temp with it I'm sure you could.

·
543 Posts
I own a meat market/deli/produce/garden center business here in town.
99% of the time, everything is delivered to me.
I had a few deals come my way where I had to go pick them up.
I had an extremely unusual load on my 26' enclosed trailer memorial day weekend.

I had about 4K in plants and almost 10K in a special beef and chicken purchase I was able to make.
Probably around 17-18+K with the trailer weight included.
The trailer tires were squashed and so were my tires on my truck.
I never had an EGT problem at all.
Having said that, I could have easily ripped the transmission right out of the truck if I layed into the gas pedal, but I just drove it very easy until I was up to speed. I ran about 80 MPH home, and the oil temp never rose above 208 degrees and about 800 degrees in the pipe.
It's all about the way you drive with a tune. The more power you have, the more restraint you need to use when getting up to speed. If you use a little common sense and not act like a daddys boy with a free truck, you can easily use this 310 as an everyday driver.

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
very impressive. How were the temps BEFORE the converter locked up. That is the only time I have to watch the gauges. Once the converter is locked everything cools down to norm quickly. For that reason alone is way I only pull with the 150. I know the converter lock much faster with the 275. Just not sure how warm it would get before the CL.

·
543 Posts
very impressive. How were the temps BEFORE the converter locked up. That is the only time I have to watch the gauges. Once the converter is locked everything cools down to norm quickly. For that reason alone is way I only pull with the 150. I know the converter lock much faster with the 275. Just not sure how warm it would get before the CL.
The lock up load should elevate your temps, not cool them down. When the lock up occurs, that really loads the engine down, and boost numbers can start to hit ungodly pressure and power. That is where you need to be careful.
I found myself lifting as soon as it locked up or I was headed for 50+ lbs of boost. I did let it run once, and the whole rig still took off like it was shot out of a cannon. Way too much for the load, but still easily manageable with a little common sense and knowledge of how to drive a tuned truck.
Unbelieveable torque from this tune.

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
Well my oil coolant and tranny temps rise, but not to unsafe levels when the converters is unlocked. More due to rpms then accual load. Vary rarely do I lean on it hard enough to get the EGT's above 1000deg when accelerating with the trailer on. So not much of a load on it. But like I said as soon as the converter locks the temp settle back down.

Just loaded to 210. See how that handles. Mayve with the EGR dissabled the temps will be more to the normal side.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Let me get this straight....some of yall are feeling that while on the throttle that 1000 degrees is getting hot?

Man put down your purse...and change your thongs....thats not hot.

·
cool as december
1,032 Posts
Let me get this straight....some of yall are feeling that while on the throttle that 1000 degrees is getting how?

Man put down your purse...and change your thongs....thats not hot.
LMFAO... you said what i was thinking...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts