The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just playin this morning and decided to share with ya'll. The first one is no boost from a dead stop. The second one is from 100km/h and the last one sucks cuz I can't hold the camera worth a sh*t lol. Enjoy:thumbsup

·
2,183 Posts
It's metric haha.

andwhat's the light on your dash?

·
45 Posts
It's metric haha.

andwhat's the light on your dash?
The light looks to be for the TPMS (tire pressure monitoring system) My light stayed on all the time because the aftermarket wheels and tires didn't have the sensors inside them.

·
773 Posts
that truck sure looks fun!

·
606 Posts
Looked good to me................:thumbsup

Reactions: kind

·
I like Pretty Girls!
1,332 Posts
sounds like mine... The 4x2 seems to go a little faster though... LOL

·
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sounds like mine... The 4x2 seems to go a little faster though... LOL
I'd hope it goes a little faster:wiggle The wind drag with your lift and tires must really affect the top end. I know my 6.0 accelerated faster then this one over 100mph and I think the main reason is cuz it was lowered and lighter. This one is getting dropped in two weeks and I'll see if it helps cuz as it stands 128mph is were it stops with 3.55. Pahrump said he hit 130 and I was hoping for 140 eventually. Maybe I should try tucking some 38's under my fenders:haha

I gotta get more speed cuz my moms AMG ML63 goes faster then my truck and so does my buddies Challenger:thumbdown

·
I like Pretty Girls!
1,332 Posts
what's your weight on that truck? I would bet it must be well over 1000pnds lighter than a 4x4??

I still would like to see a quarter mile time from that truck and some pics once its lowered! it goona look pretty sick!

·
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
what's your weight on that truck? I would bet it must be well over 1000pnds lighter than a 4x4??

I still would like to see a quarter mile time from that truck and some pics once its lowered! it goona look pretty sick!
The weight on my truck is 7370 lbs half a tank and without me in it.

Quarter mile times..................... Once I get a set of slicks. I can't launch with any boost or the tires go up in smoke. I did a 20 psi launch yesterday and left a patch the length of a football field(NFL not CFL:haha) With no boost my dash daq said I did a 1/4 in 15.8 and a 0-60 in 5.9(only managed that once otherwise it's in the low 6's). I have no idea how accurate it is.

I will for sure post pics of it lowered. I'm so tired of driving this tall truck:haha:haha:haha

Where in BC are ya? I'm heading to the okanogan this weekend and I'll be heading back there in few weeks once it's lowered.

·
176 Posts
The weight on my truck is 7370 lbs half a tank and without me in it.

Quarter mile times..................... Once I get a set of slicks. I can't launch with any boost or the tires go up in smoke. I did a 20 psi launch yesterday and left a patch the length of a football field(NFL not CFL:haha) With no boost my dash daq said I did a 1/4 in 15.8 and a 0-60 in 5.9(only managed that once otherwise it's in the low 6's). I have no idea how accurate it is.

I will for sure post pics of it lowered. I'm so tired of driving this tall truck:haha:haha:haha

Where in BC are ya? I'm heading to the okanogan this weekend and I'll be heading back there in few weeks once it's lowered.
I had the same issue with my daully... any type of boosted launch would spin the rears like crazy. I think your 0-60 time is pretty close because in the video you launched at approx. 5 sec and hit 60 at approx. 11 sec.

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
I'd hope it goes a little faster:wiggle The wind drag with your lift and tires must really affect the top end. I know my 6.0 accelerated faster then this one over 100mph and I think the main reason is cuz it was lowered and lighter. This one is getting dropped in two weeks and I'll see if it helps cuz as it stands 128mph is were it stops with 3.55. Pahrump said he hit 130 and I was hoping for 140 eventually. Maybe I should try tucking some 38's under my fenders:haha

I gotta get more speed cuz my moms AMG ML63 goes faster then my truck and so does my buddies Challenger:thumbdown
my 6.0 did 132 with 3.73s and 35s, it was still pulling too. im sure it would have done 140 if i had room.

Garrett

·
2,126 Posts
How can you only hit 128? My 4x4 Excursion with an Edge will do a 130...

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
Nice video. I know what you mean about having to hold the camera and do a launch. Ive only done 95mph cause when i get on it past 70 it shakes. and when i get off it its ok? ive been told its the driveshaft.

·
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nice video. I know what you mean about having to hold the camera and do a launch. Ive only done 95mph cause when i get on it past 70 it shakes. and when i get off it its ok? ive been told its the driveshaft.
I love driving my truck at 100 mph to 110. The revs aren't real high and it's very smooth. I can take my hands off the wheel on a nice road at those speeds and the truck goes strait.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts