229 Posts
that is def hauling the mail!!:thumbsup

·
Registered
15 Posts
HEY, THATS ME!:peelout

·
2,183 Posts
silver how come you didnt do a boosted launch?

·
Registered
15 Posts
silver how come you didnt do a boosted launch?
ehh, i kinda froze when the lights started and didnt think to back up more and boost it. When i did boost it right, was when i ran the 13.2. Once i get a helmet, i will run again and who knows what time i will run. Does anyone think a 12.99 intake and tuner only is possible? Wouldnt that be some sh*t

·
2,183 Posts
not unless you strip some serious weight off

·
606 Posts
Nice run:thumbsup...........fold those mirrors in, drop some weight and hold on:D

·
176 Posts
I'm not sure about stripping some serious weight but a little weight reduction will help and it wouldn't be that hard.

As a drag racer I know about weight and how it can affect the vehicle. The rule of thumb is for every 100 lbs or so you drop you'll pickup 1/10th of a sec so you only need to drop 200-250 lbs and you should be in the 12's. I think the spare tire is good for 60-70 lbs, the tailgate should be worth another 60-70 lbs so that's 120-140 lbs right there. Next thing to do is run the truck with as little fuel as you can. If I'm not mistaken diesel weights about 7 lbs a gallon so with a full load you're carrying approx 266 lbs of fuel. If you cut it down to say a 1/4 tank of fuel you'll shave off another 200 lbs. That might do the trick and it's easy to do and reverse when you're done.

Gerry

·
2,126 Posts
Pretty much everyone has agreed that a 100 pounds will not drop you a tenth with these trucks that have 1000+ ft-lb of torque.
More like 150-200 pounds for a tenth

·
2,183 Posts
i add weight to go fast. it's called momentum LOL

·
resident mason
343 Posts
Momentum. I like it! No stopping it. Stock tranny? Maybe hear a little flair between shifts but still impressive.

·
176 Posts
Pretty much everyone has agreed that a 100 pounds will not drop you a tenth with these trucks that have 1000+ ft-lb of torque.
More like 150-200 pounds for a tenth
I know what you mean... With my drag truck ('94 Ranger Ext cab) I can drop a 10th if I drop 70-75 lbs :thumbsup.

·
Spartan, True Performance
411 Posts
I know what you mean... With my drag truck ('94 Ranger Ext cab) I can drop a 10th if I drop 70-75 lbs :thumbsup.
Eat less!!!!!!!:haha

·
2,126 Posts
You running a 4 banger with no torque or something? :haha:thumbsup

·
Auto's are for pansies
2,117 Posts
Nice numbers and video. Need to work on the staging though. :thumbsup

Oh, and losing the tailgate will save weight, but aerodynamics change a lot. Spare tire and low fuel level will make a good difference. 12 seconds is definitely obtainable.

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
just take off the bed. that should do it. :haha

·
Registered
15 Posts
cecil county, Maryland
it is a nice track because you can be right by the track and you have a pretty good view and if it's like early saturday morning you can get quite a few runs in before the line starts

1 - 19 of 19 Posts