The Diesel Garage banner

275 v2 or v3???

2K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  gunford 
#1 ·
Hi! i got my 275 tune 2 weeks ago :eek:) i saw here that there is 2 version of the 275??? v2 and v3, what is the difference between both. how do i know witch one i got??? Thank!

#3 ·
thank but what is the difference the 2???

#4 ·
One thing that was different is that some trucks has surging problems with V2. My dually surged anytime I ran above 68mph in any kind of weather. Most people only had surging problems during the cold weather. Some are also saying that they thought V2 was a little faster....

#5 ·
v2 has more down low...i still have surge issues anytime i run 40 mph under light throttle...and it's only with the trq converter unlocked

#7 ·
I went back to the V2 now and I really dont find a differnece in power, its deffinately different in shifting but I feel to say the V3 seems to run better through the gears.. its so hard to tell without having two trucks but these are my thoughts

V2
Louder at idle
Way dirtier - smokes way more
shifts seem firmer
starts terrible in the cold
Seems to spool up slower off the line
Surges at 2200 rpm

V3
When you "let off" the throttle seems to really bob your head forward especially on cruise
Smokes less
Less boost
Lower EGT's
starts great in the cold (-20c was the coldest I had it in not plugged)
Surges at 1700 rpm, but less than the V2
Shifts better

I have been running it for almost a week and will go back to the V3 tommorrow. I really dont like the "let off" of the V3, but I guess you cant have everything

#8 ·
Maybe different trucks and different intake/exhaust combos offer different results.

V2.
I feel it's far superior in low end throttle response and spool up.
I find the shifting to be way too harsh.
I notice higher boost numbers.
I find it 2-3 mpg better.
Smokes a little more.
Totally different sound at idle.

V3
Mushy pedal feel, very lazy off the line, and that'e enough to make me switch back to the V2.
Much smoother, refined overall tune. I would probably prefer this tune if throttle response wasn't something so important to me.
The only problem, and it's a big one to me, is the "hit your head on the dash" fuel cut off when you lift at highway speed.

Since we know that the idle rail pressure of the V2 is pushed to the max, is there any downside or potential harm being done to the injectors running this kind of pressure?

#10 ·
Is there any way to know what version I have? I received mine in mid Febuary. I would like the V2 based on people have said about it, but Ive riden in sledneck57 truck (I believe he has V3) and liked the EGT's floating around 1400deg under full throttle. With the 250 V1 I could peg the pyro. Scary.

#15 · (Edited)
You dont want the V2... I just went back to the V3 and I swear its faster... way lower boost and egt's also.. the shifts seems way better also

maybe its me, my truck or where I live but other than the sound and the "let off" the V3 in MY OPINION is better.... :thumbsup just my 2 cents

one last thing to add.... the V2 DOES NOT like the cold... even in 5-10C it still wont run as well.... as for starting in anything -10c or less is scary... or at least compared to the V3

#12 ·
thanls scott. Any way to get the V2 to compare? I heard V2 is no longer availible

#17 ·
Yeah I swapped back to the v2 a few days ago. My v3 would leave black marks, but not go crazy spinning the tires...V2 blows the tires up

#18 ·
I will be switching back to V2 now that it is warmer out. The T.C. lockup on my truck is a lot different on V3 and I really don't care for that. I think that is what contributes to the "throwing out the anchor feel" when you let of the pedal while cruising or turning off the cruise. I was pulling a trailer this weekend and when I turned the cruise off to get onto the off ramp I about ate my windshield.

#19 ·
Chris

I have the V2. When you rode in my truck it was the V2. I don't have the V3 cause I kinda figured it would be less rank and from what Rob and Wade have told me it is way different and not as fast. I'm gonna stick with the V2 this summer and in the fall I will save the V2 and update to the V3 cause of what Hollywood said... V2 doesn't like cold starts.

Reid

#20 ·
Yes, I wish I had my 275V2 on my SD card at dyno day last Thursday so I could have put it in to see the difference between what my truck put down with the 275V3. I was not very happy at all with the number and am on the hunt for the problem. Especially after I put in my 250 tune and came up with the same number. I suspect a partially plugged fuel filter, but am happy that Reid put down the big number for the day. :thumbsup

#21 ·
I guess its just me or my truck then.... I have nothing to back it up all I can do is watch the speedo and it seems to climb quicker on the V3... and shifts better IMO so I guess until one of us goes to the track or puts on the dyno its just a buch of guys talking.... I do remember spartan saying at one time they were the same power but I guess maybe some if it is how and where you drive

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.