The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the V3 275, is the V2 alot stronger then V3, is ther any issues with the V2 other then surging alittle, but now with warmer times a coming i would like to try the V2 in my truck if it makes more power then the new V3, guys that have had both please tell me which one is better in the category of planting you in the seat power. thanks:happymugs

·
Spartan, True Performance
411 Posts
I like both of them. There is no way I would switch back to V2 since my truck use to surge anytime I ran above 68mph. Didn't matter if it was 100, or 20 degrees.

·
Ultra Member
652 Posts
They won't even give it to me. I told them I was having high boost with the 150 which Matt said happens to all trucks with the EGR turned on, but Nutty told me to data log it, and I just don't have the time to go through all my tunes, find a when it has a little higher boost, and data log it. Last week it was in the 50s and the 275 ran great. Boost never got above 40, never surged. Your still the man, Mick.

·
Registered
238 Posts
V2 feels like it pulls harder. V3 has way better shifting. V2 surged at around 2000 rpm, V3 surges on high idle. Slightly higher temps with V3 but lower boost levels. For every day driving, I would pick V3 but for all out power, I would go with V2.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts