The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a 97 2wd psd. I was wondering how much it would cost to make it a 4wd. I was wondering also what all would I need other then an axle, transfer case, front drive shaft.

·
101 Posts
Cost isn't ever easy to guess when it comes to something like that, it depends on if you buy remaned or used parts. You will need to change out the transmission to a 4wd trans, you'll need a t-case, crossmember, front and rear driveshafts, front axle assembly with leaf springs and brackets, 4wd shift linkage & shifter. The list goes on, I wouldn't buy it unless it was a really good deal there is a lot of parts involved in the process. Usually it's alot cheaper to buy a 4wd unless you have one for parts. I swapped from an auto to a manual trans and that was only cheaper than replacing the auto because i got used parts and rebuilt them myself, other than that it would have been really expensive. I'm just warning you of the size of the project that's all, if you decide to do it more power to you. i'll probably do it to mine eventually.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts