The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Boost Junkie
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck doesn't not have it. I understand you need a smarty or a dealer to update your software to enable this. Does anyone have a smarty close by? Or have anymore info on this topic?

I did find this out.
http://dodgeram.info/tsb/2001/18-019-01.htm

·
Boost Junkie
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One dealer wants 40 bucks to do it. and another dealer wants 30 bucks.

Hopefully D_B will chime in and help me out since he does have a smarty for the 24Valve truck.

·
Official TDG Doctor
5,281 Posts
I have 1...but I dont know how to turn it on...Mine has it, but I didnt turn it on, just put it on Level 9? so idk, but if u wanna come down to KY we can give her a shot...

Nathaniel

·
Premium Member
2,641 Posts
Anytime you use a Smarty programmer it AUTOMATICALLY turned on for you... Even after you return to stock settings...:Thumbup:

That's how I got it...

for all of you wondering when it will happen...

HIGH IDLE -> Coolant <140*F and IAT <32*F roughly at 20-25*F outside

3 CYLINDER HIGH IDLE -> Coolant <140*F and IAT <15*F roughly at 0*F outside temp...

Remember GRID HEATERS will cause the IAT temp to rise about 5*F-15*F over outside temp... Exhaust Brake can cause more of a IAT temp rise...

Or your could force it to happen...
http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/2002%20Dodge/Tips%20&%20Tricks/high%20idle/high-idle.htm

·
Registered
102 Posts
I had the reflash done at the dealer and it works great. Most guys at the dealers won't know what you are talking about though so I had to bring in the TSB for them. The easiest thing to do is the smarty though. The 3 cyl startup always surprises me when it kicks in :)

·
46 Posts
I just bought a 2002 dodge 3500. Under the hood I noticed that there was a sticker on the core support that said "3 cylinder high idle". What does that mean or do?

·
Premium Member
2,641 Posts

·
46 Posts
Ok I undstand the 3 cylider high idle now, thanks. The person who had the truck before me also installed a variable resistance switch for the idle but it doesn't always work. I guess I will have to trace it out and see what the hell is going on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts