The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
97F-3504X4PSD
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:usflag Decided to go with a 4" exhaust(will have muffler and Cat.). Tuner(not sure from who yet) will be the next and final power mod. What difference will a 3.5" DP make over a 3" DP? Truck will mainly be a daily driver occasionally towing maybe 8K.:thanks:

·
OBS
403 Posts
3'' is going to be hard enough to get on. they make a 3'' to 3.5'' dp. you should buy from one of the vendors here. Never heard a bad thing from dp-tuner.com Just don't do what I did and buy a junk Edge evo, superships, hypertech or banks. When I was new I learned that The big advertisers suck!IMO. Your just buying the name. sorry just had to get some anger out:devil

·
OBS
403 Posts
But if you want an edge evo I'm selling mine. Tells engine and tranny temp. Diagonose's trouble codes. Thats the main reason I have it.

·
In the passing lane
1,453 Posts
stroker_baldy said:
3'' is going to be hard enough to get on. they make a 3'' to 3.5'' dp. you should buy from one of the vendors here. Never heard a bad thing from dp-tuner.com Just don't do what I did and buy a junk Edge evo, superships, hypertech or banks. When I was new I learned that The big advertisers suck!IMO. Your just buying the name. sorry just had to get some anger out:devil
:agreed: I have an edge w/atttitude and ok but it don't make near the hp and is alot harder on the tranny I can't wait to get a sct for mine
:smoke

·
OBS
403 Posts
Don't get me wrong. when I got my evo I thought it was amazing. Now that I've been w/ TDG, my evo (and all the big names) ain't sheite. but good for a starter.

·
OBS
403 Posts
Sorry Andy for the Hijack. Quality, Custom to specs of your truck, not on an assembly line, customer service, and definetly the POWER:sly:

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
your never going to get a 4 inch downpipe on a OBS truck without hacking apart the firewall, a 3-3.5 is fine it will fit like a 3 but flare out to a 3.5 at the end that will be just fine

·
In the passing lane
1,453 Posts
aren't the down pipes that the vendors on here sale 3.5" I think thats all you can get with messing with the firewall

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
with a 3 you will have to bent a pinch weld, not hard at all, im not sure what you have to do with a 3.5 or a 4

·
15 Posts
I went with a two piece 3", easy install after the original is out. DP Tuner for the tunes.:sly:

·
213 Posts
I dont even know of any companys that make a 3.5in downpipe for a stock turbo, OBS truck. (right off the turbine housing) The ones that advertise 3.5 are still only 3in off the turbo, then go into 3.5in after a couple feet. Please post if there is indeed a true, full 3.5in downpipe for an OBS truck. (with stock turbo)

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I bought my downpipe from Tymar, it goes from 3 to 3.5" to 4" (in 2 pieces). I liked the idea of making it as big as you can fit at a given spot, figuring that the "scavenging" effect of a small exhaust is not as big of a deal after a turbo. Then again I haven't put a whole lot of thought into it!

Installation was as easy as the 3"-3.5" units, just had to flatten out the seam in the firewall.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

·
5 Posts
Does anyone know if the Tymar 3"-3.5"-4" will bolt to the stock exhaust? I would like to replace my stock pipe but I need to keep the converter for now due to annual inspections. I plan on being able to add a full 4" exhaust in the future and would like to only buy the down pipe one time.

Thanks,
Shawn

·
Registered
45 Posts
Call Dale at Tymar. He is very knowledgable and helpful. 509-922-8785. He won't try to sell you anything. My experience.

·
3,514 Posts
My brother just put a 2 pcs 3" on his truck. It required minor firewall mods (flattening out a spot). He got it shipped for like $100. I know he did a bit of looking around for dp's and that was one of the best he found. He has also been looking for power mods and has pretty much decided on the DP Tuner. Good luck, hope you are getting all the info you need.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
AZStang said:
Does anyone know if the Tymar 3"-3.5"-4" will bolt to the stock exhaust? I would like to replace my stock pipe but I need to keep the converter for now due to annual inspections. I plan on being able to add a full 4" exhaust in the future and would like to only buy the down pipe one time.

Thanks,
Shawn
no it wont, your stick exhaust is 3.5, if your going to do the 4 inch do it all at once get that 3-3.5-4 downpipe and get the 4 inch exhaust

1 - 20 of 24 Posts