The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Spartan Diesel Tech
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for those of you with Job 2 trucks and newer with Level 3 Tier licenses (already have the 275, 310, and EGR delete tunes). If you want the 300 tune you must do the following....

Send an email to Mick at [email protected] with your Name, DashDAQ SERIAL #, and who you purchased the tuner from. IF you did not purchase the tuner through Spartan, you must fax us (or email us) a signed "Off-Road Tuning Disclaimer". The fax number is 828-692-9968.

NOTE - Let Mick know in your email that you are wanting to update the tuner and get the 300 tune. This way he will know what the email is regarding.

Just a heads up. When you do this, your tuner will also be getting E-Motion's latest software for the DashDAQ. This means that all of your old tunes will no longer work, BUT you can get Mick to remake you an old tune that you have as an .ENC file at no charge. ALSO, if your tuner is strategy flash you will need to send Mick your original stock file. Make sure you do this because it will no longer work with the update.

Job 1 files are still in testing and should be available soon! :thumbsup

Thanks,

[email protected]

·
1,570 Posts
What are the differences between the 300 and 310 tune? Different shifting? I would think it's not just a power difference being that close to an existing tune.

·
Spartan Diesel Tech
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What are the differences between the 300 and 310 tune? Different shifting? I would think it's not just a power difference being that close to an existing tune.
Smoother shifting and a much more tame throttle. It is the "test tune" that I started discussion about 2 months ago or so.

·
130 Posts
I would like to know what is involved in "updating" or how to go about gettin this tune. Would love to have that smoother shifting tune. How much smoke is it compared to the 250?

·
124 Posts
Smoother shifting and a much more tame throttle. It is the "test tune" that I started discussion about 2 months ago or so.
My daily driver is the 250 (all around awesome tune). I also tow my 13,000lb 5th on this setting as well - no issues.

Hoping the 300 becomes the new all around tune.

·
Ford 6.4 it's just cooler
673 Posts
Jeff your avatar pic...classic :haha:haha:haha

·
Spartan Diesel Tech
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would like to know what is involved in "updating" or how to go about gettin this tune. Would love to have that smoother shifting tune. How much smoke is it compared to the 250?
Email Mick, he will walk you through everything that has to happen. As far as smoke output, it is smokier. It is a bigger tune. The smoke can easill be controlled with the right foot though.

Jeff your avatar pic...classic :haha:haha:haha
Zach is my hero!

·
130 Posts
I like the smoke, that's the only reason I don't run the 210 tune, I'll shoot mick a message and see what's involved thanks.

·
Spartan Diesel Tech
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is a post from Mick on our tech support forum. Some people have been emailing tech with only part of the information needed. PLEASE READ THIS!

As Jeff has stated there are things needed before I can get started. Please insure all the info is in one email. It doesn't do any good to send me four email and still not have everything I need to get you converted.

I will try to do everything in the same order as they are received.

Here's the things that I need:

Name.

DashDAQ serial #.

Highest hp tune you have available (If you purchased your tunes from anyone other than Spartan please let us know. We have to verify all the info before we can send out the license and we don't have access to your info if you purchased it from one of our dealers).

If you purchased your tuner from anyone other than Spartan you will need to download the Off-Road Tuning Disclaimer, fill it out and fax back to us at 828-692-9968. This is required before we can send out any updates.

If your DashDAQ is a multi-licensed unit (tuning more than one truck) please be sure to let us know. We will have to remake the tunes for all trucks that are tuned, so please include the vin numbers of all vehicle tuned.

If you have the 345/350 tune please attach it to the email so I can remake your tune.

As of today there's been around 50 request for the update. Out of those request 45 have been for strategy flash tuners. I've only received 2 stock files to be updated. Please don't wait till you need a stock file and then realize that you forgot to get you stock file converted to the new V2 software.

Here's the upgrade procedure. If you don't understand something or find something that really needs to be changed please let me know. Just send me an email with your suggested changes. [email protected]

Before you began please back up your stock file to your computer. If your tuner has already been converted to strategy flash you will need to send us your vin #, old stock file and your strategy code so we can generate a new stock file for your truck. To find out if you tuner is strategy flash go to Tuning, I Accept then to Status. Below Vehicle Vin it will display Licensed Tune Tier 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5. If it does not have this info then it is still a custom tuner. For those that have more than one truck tuned with the same DashDAQ you have to inform us that it is a multi-licensed unit. These unit cannot be converted to strategy flash and will require us to rewrite all the tunes. After this upgrade you old stock file will no longer work on your truck. Please indicate in your email that you need a V2 stock file for your truck. This will help us keep the two type from getting mixed up.

You will have to load your stock file back on your truck prior to starting this upgrade. For those that have the Spartan TCM on your truck remember, before you can reload your stock file you will need to swap back to the stock TCM, then the regular sd card. Next load your stock file back on the truck.

If you did not get the strategy code from your truck before you tuned it I would highly suggest you get it while your truck has the stock file loaded on it. To find your strategy code select exit from the Gauge screen. Next go to Tuning, I Accept then to Vehicle Info. Write down your strategy code and keep the info in a safe place. Also be sure to update your profile on our website.

Updating Your DashDAQ

Now you will need to check and see which firmware version you have installed on your DashDAQ. If you tuner is already a strategy flash unit then you have the current firmware version installed and can skip this step. You can find your strategy code by rebooting the unit and watching the last two line during the boot up process where it will display:

Attempting to boot from internal flash Success! Starting DashDAQ 2.1.2-1949

Or by selecting exit from the Gauge screen. Next go to Setup and Version. It should display Firmware: 2.1.2-1949.

If you do not have the current firmware version on you unit follow the instruction at the link below:

Tech Support - Firmware Update 2.1.2-1949 / Updating Your DashDAQ

Downloads

Next download the attachments from this email to your computer and copy all files to the transfer folder on the sd card. The last 3-4 numbers in the file below will be the actual serial number of your unit not including the two or three zeros:

RefForceV2_9033.dtl
RefV2G1E64L_9033.dtl
^
The G1, 2, 3, or 4 indicates the license level of your tuner. Level 1 up to 250hp, 2 up to 275 hp, 3 up to 310hp, and 3 up to the tcm tunes.

345 / 350 Tune

If you are one of the few that has the 345 or 350 tune then there should be a new tune attached to this email. You will need to download the tune to your computer, uncompress and then copy to the transfer folder on the sd card. None of your old tunes will work after this upgrade.

If you have your email system set up to automatically compress attachments when you receive emails then you will need to uncompress the two Ref files.

Delete the tuning file folder that is on your sd card. These tunes will no longer be need after this upgrade. For those that have the Spartan TCM you will need to update both the regular, and the Spartan TCM tunes. Do not mix non TCM tunes with TCM tunes. They should be kept on two separate sd cards. Also please ensure there is no stock file saved on your Spartan TCM sd card. Now copy and paste the following link into your web browser:

For regular Spartan tunes:

Spartan Diesel Technologies

For those that have the Spartan TCM (transmission control module):

Spartan Diesel Technologies

This file will need to be downloaded to your computer. Next uncompress the file by double clicking on it. Now click Run, then Ok and Unzip. During this process it will create a tuning files folder and extract the tunes into the folder. Find the folder, right click and select copy. Next go to the sd card and on a blank spot right click and select paste. When you're done you should have a logs, stock files, transfer and a tuning files folder on the sd card. The two folder that you must have on your sd card are transfer and tuning files. The DashDAQ will create the other two folders if needed. Make sure you do not rename any of the folders, or place the tuning files folder inside any other folder.

Loading Files Into Memory Of The DashDAQ

Now you will need to load the files into the memory of the DashDAQ by placing the sd card back into the unit. After it boots up go to Setup, Memory card, Install and License. Load the files in this order:

RefForceV2_9033.dtl
RefV2G1E64L_9033.dtl

After that you're ready to load a tune.

I know it's a lot to do, but we do ask that you at least try before calling for help.

·
130 Posts
Thanks for that, it is alot to cover before even contacting him, What is the cost to upgrade? Is the 300 going to be standard with a Spartan package like the 250 is?

·
Spartan Diesel Tech
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for that, it is alot to cover before even contacting him, What is the cost to upgrade? Is the 300 going to be standard with a Spartan package like the 250 is?
My first post explains what is needed to be able to update to the 300 tune. The first sentence of the first post...

·
130 Posts
Thanks, I'll get my **** together and shoot him an Email with everything.

·
130 Posts
I tried about 10 times to email my info and everytime I clicked the address my computer would freeze up, had to ctrl, alt, delete to get back to normal. I guess I'll try agian tommorow

·
39 Posts
I got the 300 TCM yesterday. Really nice daily driver (off-road DD that is).

Less smoke than I wanted, but it runs great. I had been running the 310 as it worked will for me, and blew lots of black stuff.

The initial takeoff is soft, compared to the 310 and maybe less than the 275, but it has great power and shifting is really smooth w/o much banging. I like this better as I am not racing every time I hop in the truck.

I will put some more miles on in the next few weeks and see what works out.

·
Ford 6.4 it's just cooler
673 Posts
Any clue when the suncoast/spartan tcm tunes are gonna be ready?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts