The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for you guys that have head studs, have you had any repeat head gsk failures while running the 310 or higher tunes? how are they holding up? loaded the 310 this weekend and played around for a bit and pushed some coolant out. i want to install the stud kit but am curious if the head gks are goind to last or is this something we are going to have to deal with with higher horsepower tunes. i think i saw a while back that arp and elite had stud kits, one set was smaller than the other?? which kit is availible and is there a better kit versus the other?

·
Chirpin Tires...
1,402 Posts
ARP's aint out yet.

·
2,183 Posts
mmhmm

·
Chirpin Tires...
1,402 Posts
so is elite the only ones with kits availible?
As far as I know, yes. Get with Aaron at Rudys, he has a group buy goin on right now for elites, should be able to get them pretty cheap. :thumbsup

·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sweet! how there they holding up? i realize that there are only a few running studs but if anyone can chime in, how are they holding up with the 310 and custom tunes and has there been any repeat failures once the studs are in? thanks

·
Chirpin Tires...
1,402 Posts

·
Auto's are for pansies
2,117 Posts

·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i saw that thread. pretty crazy! dont plan on getting anywhere near that. just want to be able to run the 310 all the time with no future problems.

·
Chirpin Tires...
1,402 Posts
Hear, here, same thing. :slap LOL
You say tomatoe, I say mater...LOL

i saw that thread. pretty crazy! dont plan on getting anywhere near that. just want to be able to run the 310 all the time with no future problems.
With studs, you should be fine, motor wise. But it is recommended that you have a wastegate. Your t/c might not last long, depends on how your drive.

·
52 Posts
I have elite head studs from Aaron at Rudy's and have had no problems.
Thanks Dale

·
40 Posts
I don't think people realize how much tune the 310 is. That is a lot of tune for a truck. Then some one will lift or crack a head and complain about it. No other truck is close to that these trucks are doing. Back it off a little, run the 210 or the 250 if your daily driving.

·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
dont recall ever complaining. im very aware of how much power it is, and i love it!!!! was waiting for this day to come ever since i loaded the 310 tune last year. i always run the 210 in the cooler weather and am currently running the 210 now with no issues..was just curious how the stud kits were holding up, since i have personally seen some hg failures with studs in 6.0s.--and i know there is bolt diff between the two--

1 - 14 of 14 Posts