The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I took a non towing, two hour trip yesterday, and I was surprised just how cool the exhaust temps were at 75-85 mph.
After seeing 700 degrees in my driveway, I was expecting 800-1,000 degrees on the highway. It sat in the 550-600 degree range the entire trip. Non mountain towing may very well be tolerable after all.
I just can't say enough about what a great tune this is...
IMO, it feels that the bottom and the mid range have been greatly improved over the v2, and hugely improved over the v3, but the highway end of the map seems very, very stable and umm, "streetable" in Matt's standards.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I see about the same temps......700 or so easily while under throttle getting around in the neighborhood....1000 easy getting up to speed but cruising at 70-75 650+/- 50 degrees.

Although its 85 freaking degrees here outside already.

·
Auto's are for pansies
2,117 Posts
Good information to know. :thumbsup

·
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I see about the same temps......700 or so easily while under throttle getting around in the neighborhood....1000 easy getting up to speed but cruising at 70-75 650+/- 50 degrees.

Although its 85 freaking degrees here outside already.
85 there, 40 here. That may be why we see a slight difference between your readings and mine.
There was snow on a few cars this morning, dear GOD I'm sick of winter.
77 degrees friday, so I'll be able to see if ambient temps play a huge role.

·
499 Posts
I hope this tune becomes available really soon, I wann hit the track so get some times, you guys who are testing the tune are luck dogs lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts