The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
499 Posts
looks good, now get that baby out to the public i wanna take mine to the track with the 310

·
171 Posts
looks good, now get that baby out to the public i wanna take mine to the track with the 310

X2 , what do you think 1/8 mile time will be with 310. i did 8.73 with 275. Can't wait

·
499 Posts
i would think you would be fast then 8.7s, was you launching hard, u should be around 8.5 easily.

·
I like beer.
4,301 Posts
vid is intense! are the tires hooking in the 4x4 boosted launch part of the vid? if so, DANG thats quick!

good job spartan!

·
543 Posts
Matt,
I thought I would keep my SCT just to see how things pan out with the competition.
That thing is here by for effing sale and will never sniff my truck again..
I honestly don't know how you are going to top this.

It runs awesome, shifting is the best to date, excellent drivability in town, and has the throttle response I've been wanting for. I'm not sure where it stands on fuel mileage, and I really couldn't care less. I haven't gone through a tank yet, but it seems at least as good as the 275v2, which was stellar.
Congrats, and great work.

·
Registered
168 Posts
HOly cow.

Ok, I took the video put it into my Sony Vegas Video Editor. This MPG Video frame rate was 30fps. I latched some basic SMPTE time code so I could get an idea how fast the truck got to various speeds and I figured out some times throughout those 2 runs.......

In the editor I was easily able to determine the frame where the truck first began to move, can clearly see the speedo on both tests. Using that data here are numbers:

0-60mph = 5.235 secs
0-100mph = 12.242 secs
70-100mph = 5.721 secs

Unfortunately we cant see beyond 100mph since Ford didn't feel the need to use a 130mph speedo. :D :thumbsup

Nice work Matt.. nice work.

·
324 Posts
HOly cow.

Ok, I took the video put it into my Sony Vegas Video Editor. This MPG Video frame rate was 30fps. I latched some basic SMPTE time code so I could get an idea how fast the truck got to various speeds and I figured out some times throughout those 2 runs.......

In the editor I was easily able to determine the frame where the truck first began to move, can clearly see the speedo on both tests. Using that data here are numbers:

0-60mph = 5.235 secs
0-100mph = 12.242 secs
70-100mph = 5.721 secs

Unfortunately we cant see beyond 100mph since Ford didn't feel the need to use a 130mph speedo. :D :thumbsup

Nice work Matt.. nice work.

if it went from 0-100 in 12.2 than quarter mile times should be high 12's right?

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
If the truck is doing 0-60 in 5.2sec. The top end pull must be enormous. a 0-60 5.2sec car will not do a 1/4 in 12.7-9 sec unless the 0-60 is out of whack due to wheel spin.:rock:rock:woot:

Spartan. You had me at 275whp. LOL

·
Chirpin Tires...
1,402 Posts
WHY DOES WORK BLOCK THE BEST STUFF :gaah

·
Registered
168 Posts
If the truck is doing 0-60 in 5.2sec. The top end pull must be enormous. a 0-60 5.2sec car will not do a 1/4 in 12.7-9 sec unless the 0-60 is out of whack due to wheel spin.:rock:rock:woot:

Spartan. You had me at 275whp. LOL
Correct, but he's not claiming 12.2 in the quarter. Its actually on par for a 12.9x or so if you consider the speed to 100mph. Again.. we dont have tire diameter or slippage on take-off so trying to determine the 1/4 mi from that video is frivolous.

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
I noticed the error. and edited my post. Im still downloading the vid. Was this with the F450?

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
I just watched the vid and it looks like the tires are breaking loose in first and into second gear. I bet you could shave 1/2 a second of the 0-60 time with the right rubber or a little less boost at launch. God these trucks are turning into monsters.

·
TDG #97
1,234 Posts
Holy cow batman! That thing is scootin'! CANNOT WAIT! WILL THIS BE OUT BY TS?

·
Registered
639 Posts
I just watched the vid and it looks like the tires are breaking loose in first and into second gear. I bet you could shave 1/2 a second of the 0-60 time with the right rubber or a little less boost at launch. God these trucks are turning into monsters.

I will try to video mine tomorrow, and will keep the camera on the GPS for accurate times..lol

1 - 20 of 34 Posts