The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will this size tire fit on this size rim or would it be too big. I also thought about 33-12.5x16 on a 16x10 rim, but can't make up my mind. The tires i want to get are super swamper trxus sts's on a set of dick cepek DC-1 black. I will also be putting in a front leveling kit before i get the rims and tires when i decide what size tires and rims i'm gonna go with.

·
Premium Member
5,567 Posts
either will work great just make sure you get the correct backspacing on the rims. 4.5"

·
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I was really wondering on the 33-12.5x17 tires cause i was looking at them on 4wheelparts.com and it stated that a 12" wide rim was recommended with that size tire. So i thought if this was too big i would just do the 16" combo like i stated. Back spacing on both size rims are 4.52" i believe. The 17" combo and the 16" combo wont rub with a front leveling kit will they?

·
Premium Member
5,567 Posts
you should be fine either way and the 16" combo would actually make your tire wider and more likely to rub

·
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what does hub centric mean? The 17x9 rim i'm looking at says "no" for hub centric.

·
Premium Member
5,567 Posts
our factory wheels are hub centric. Means weight of vehicle is on the hub and not the lug studs.. Most all aftermarket rims are lug centric which means you will need to buy some acorn lugnuts for your wheels also...

·
2,821 Posts
I am torn between 33's and 35's for my truck. I need one more factory 18" and I will be ready. I might be able to get a deal on the 33's so that may be the deciding factor. Chris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts