The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2000 3406 ser 2ws21339 when pulling hill half way up starts missing and bucking between 1400 and 1600 rpms. Both sensors changed up front on cover.Fuel filters changed and fuel lines back to tank.only code was crank sensor thats why sensors were changed.Wiring back to ecm ok.any thoughts? thanks

·
4,827 Posts
Check your fuel pressure under load.
:whs

If pressure is low, fuel bypass valve or transfer pump could be junk.

·
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Drove truck today pulls ok than out of knowwhere it loses power instantly best way i can describe it sounds like when purge valve hangs open but much faster.Then let off the pedal let it recover then about 10 seconds later after you have your foot in it starts doing it again.When this happens code 22-11 comes up.Crank sensor and cam sensor need to be synced.Would this cause this problem?Truck is not bucking.

·
316 Posts
this engine did it get a overhaul? The only time I ever had to re sync was when I rebuilt a engine and it was just smoking not doing anything what you are saying.

·
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
checked backlash on gears.idler to idler .010.crank to cam through the idlers .045 just wondering if thats what would cause my problem.Why the crank and cam sensors wont sync due to excessive lash.Engine starts fine and starts pulling ok than its like i posted before.Almost sounds like injectors cycling if the truck wasn't running,just a rapid even sound almost like a drum roll until you let off on throttle.Than it picks up and goes than starts acting up.Could the cam advance not be working properly and if so how do i check it thanks.

·
4,827 Posts
Anything happen with the engine running and you wiggle all of the engine wiring harnesses?

I'd also check for air in the fuel.............

1 - 7 of 7 Posts