The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time post, long time reader...

I'm looking at a '94 KW (vin 624538) that has a 425 C that's been converted to, what he calls, a manual pump. I presume he means a mechanical pump. He claims the fuel pump and turbo only have about 100k on them and it has about 200k on an in-frame. I just barely looked at this truck so I don't have a lot of information yet. I do not have the serial number from the motor, but was curious if anyone might be able to pull anything up on it or at lest tell me what to look for with this motor.

Also, what mods do you suggest for more power? I'm aware of the turbo and injector swaps, but uncertain which combo would work for this setup and what hp range it would be in.

Thank you!

·
273 Posts
bobby if it is a c model and has been converted to a manual pump, then its already in the right direction. ynot or sledman will tell ya everyting ya wanna know about this one, also if ya go to the mods section, you get some good info there.....good luck bud.

·
1,271 Posts
bobby if it is a c model and has been converted to a manual pump, then its already in the right direction. ynot or sledman will tell ya everyting ya wanna know about this one, also if ya go to the mods section, you get some good info there.....good luck bud.
:whs

Welcome to the forum...:happymugs

·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I knew that you needed to put a B pump on it to do much with it. I had the screws turned on the B in my '84 359 and it ran strong. I took it to Antrim and they put a 460 turbo on it with their extrude honed injectors. After that it ran cooler on the pyro, but I lost power and fuel mileage. I know that fuel only will burn it up so I'm wanting to make certain I get the right combo and set it up right.

From what I've read, if I end up getting this truck, i will try to and see if I can meet up with ynot and have him put his magic on it as I've liked what I've read from his posts and the response others have given him. If I end up with an E or later, I'll be talking more with Kurt.

Thanks again.

·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My apologies if I jumped the gun with this post without having all of the information needed. I talked with the owner today and received more information.

t's a '94 KW W900.
Cat 3406 C ser#4ck21871
13 spd
24.5 lp
3.55 rears

He put a PDI stage one turbo on it, but it has stock injectors and a mechanical pump and timing advance.

Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts