The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just bought a 4mg b model . The serial no is 4mg69360. I was just trying to find out a little info on it.The guy told me it was a 350 turned into a 425 by adding air to air and couple more things. So from the factory did it have 15.2 pistons and what nozzles did it have.In other words is it a good motor to rebuild.Thanks:guitar

·
1,138 Posts
Hey guys just bought a 4mg b model . The serial no is 4mg69360. I was just trying to find out a little info on it.The guy told me it was a 350 turned into a 425 by adding air to air and couple more things. So from the factory did it have 15.2 pistons and what nozzles did it have.In other words is it a good motor to rebuild.Thanks:guitar
That engine did come with a 15.2_1 piston.

·
1,811 Posts
Originally 350

15.2 Pistons

OR-3425 Nozzle

Any 4MG is a good engine....just my opinion. It came with ATAAC...not JWAC. Not sure what he means by "adding" air to air.

Tony will be by in a while, but I think it needs OR-3423 nozzles to complete the 425 upgrade....along with his mods.

·
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks sledman i knew you would be around soon. Ok so it came factory air to air cool.I know the pump is hot as it will run with a 550 cat easy.So maybe he just reset pump and added nozzles to make it a 425.So when i rebuild it i can just use the factory serial number but just add the or 3423's and a bw199119 turbo_Oh yea this one has spacer between block and oil pan also.Thanks

·
The other guy
3,936 Posts
Originally 350

15.2 Pistons

OR-3425 Nozzle

Any 4MG is a good engine....just my opinion. It came with ATAAC...not JWAC. Not sure what he means by "adding" air to air.

Tony will be by in a while, but I think it needs OR-3423 nozzles to complete the 425 upgrade....along with his mods.
Correct. Had to have 3423's to make it a 425. Max the rack, time it and run it!! (oh and yes all 4MG's had ATAAC)
Thanks sledman i knew you would be around soon. Ok so it came factory air to air cool.I know the pump is hot as it will run with a 550 cat easy.So maybe he just reset pump and added nozzles to make it a 425.So when i rebuild it i can just use the factory serial number but just add the or 3423's and a bw199119 turbo_Oh yea this one has spacer between block and oil pan also.Thanks
Yep, 2861 piston kits, 3423 nozzles, 3674 head, new spacer plate, 2 pan gaskets, new adapters and off ya go ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts