The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First and foremost, thank you to all who take the time to help people out and make these forums all that they are.
We have a 3406b 2ek peec motor that has been giving us Some intermittent issues that have become persistent. It started with cutting out occasionally, turned into dying and a crank no start condition then would be fine for a few thousand miles. We had it to the local international dealer twice early on and they didn't find anything. During a the crank no start with the rack position motor removed I could move the rack with a screw driver and it would fire up. I read there could be an issue with ecm power and ground and eliminated that by direct wiring 12v and ground from the battery. The last trip we made with the truck it died a few times and was low on power and blowing white smoke. It's making 5 psi boost at best and white smoke that burns your eyes. Leads me to believe it was a timing issue, after trying to diagnose it, it is showing code 44 (timing subsystem fault) not sure what exactly that means. I wasn't getting a feedback signal through the timing position sensor and thought I had found the issue. $650 sensor later it is now getting a signal through the sensor but it still smokes white and has low boost and low power. Fuel supply pressure was 55psi through the rpm range, turbo seals are not leaking. Sorry for the long winded post, any advice on how to check the advance unit on a peec pump or any other advice on where to go from here would be appreciated!

·
198 Posts
I wish I could help you more but peec engines weren't around long and that was a long time ago. Are you still getting a timing code after changing the sensor? I don't remember for sure but there were some calibrations that need to be done when changing some of the parts. These engines were problematic back in the day and it seemed like every time you fixed one thing two more problems would pop up. If you could find the parts you should convert it to a mechanical governor. Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts