The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
In need of some serious help I bought this truck at the end of January three days after purchase it broke the front Jake and rocker. Replaced it and went back to work in April did rods and mains because I didn’t know the history on it in may blew a hole through a piston on number 5 and all others had heat cracks. Did a interstate McBee inframe with remand head new oil coolers aftermarket and new BW turbo. Within 900 miles engine burned 4gallons of oil had to complete trip total of about 3000 miles. Put 2 gallons every 200 miles once back home got it apart and all 6 lines and skirts were scared. Went back with another interstate mcbee inframe and another set of new oil coolers. Made it 200 hundred miles and it was pushing out the dip stick spraying oil everywhere. Got it back home and once again all 6 piston skirts and liners scared. Has anyone seen this or know what could be the cause thanks in advance
3406B
4MG94619

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wow. I think I would look at fuel issues or timing. That is crazy. I inframed mine outside last winter. It had a hole in 2 piston all is good. What does your pyro run

·
198 Posts
Hello everyone,
In need of some serious help I bought this truck at the end of January three days after purchase it broke the front Jake and rocker. Replaced it and went back to work in April did rods and mains because I didn’t know the history on it in may blew a hole through a piston on number 5 and all others had heat cracks. Did a interstate McBee inframe with remand head new oil coolers aftermarket and new BW turbo. Within 900 miles engine burned 4gallons of oil had to complete trip total of about 3000 miles. Put 2 gallons every 200 miles once back home got it apart and all 6 lines and skirts were scared. Went back with another interstate mcbee inframe and another set of new oil coolers. Made it 200 hundred miles and it was pushing out the dip stick spraying oil everywhere. Got it back home and once again all 6 piston skirts and liners scared. Has anyone seen this or know what could be the cause thanks in advance
3406B
4MG94619

·
198 Posts
I'm wondering if you bent your piston cooling nozzles. Did you remove them before pulling out the rods? If not that you should have your ecm checked to see if it has been jacked up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm wondering if you bent your piston cooling nozzles. Did you remove them before pulling out the rods? If not that you should have your ecm checked to see if it has been jacked up.
That engine has a injection pump. If the pump has been turned up and he isn’t watching the pyrometer it will melt things down. The fuel nozzles need to be the right ones for those pistons. It’s got to be an over fulling issue

·
198 Posts
That engine has a injection pump. If the pump has been turned up and he isn’t watching the pyrometer it will melt things down. The fuel nozzles need to be the right ones for those pistons. It’s got to be an over fulling issue
Ahh yes. Meant pump not ecm.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts