The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys i pulled the head off thins motor everything looks great no ridge at the top of the liners an i can still see all the hone marks pistons look great so this looks like some one rebuilt this thing no to long ago.but when i pull the head we broke one of the locating dowel pins in the block for the head so can i just drive it all the way in the block and maybe catch at the bottom or do i have to try to pull it out the top ? i tried a pair of vice grips an can not get a good grip on them to turn them out and i tried a couple of things but no go any help would be great does any one know if i can just drive them down into a oil or water jacket ?:shrug:

·
The other guy
3,936 Posts
88peterbilt said:
ok guys i pulled the head off thins motor everything looks great no ridge at the top of the liners an i can still see all the hone marks pistons look great so this looks like some one rebuilt this thing no to long ago.but when i pull the head we broke one of the locating dowel pins in the block for the head so can i just drive it all the way in the block and maybe catch at the bottom or do i have to try to pull it out the top ? i tried a pair of vice grips an can not get a good grip on them to turn them out and i tried a couple of things but no go any help would be great does any one know if i can just drive them down into a oil or water jacket ?:shrug:
If any of it protrudes, weld a 3/8" washer to the part sticking up, weld a nut to that, screw a long bolt in the nut and slide hammer it out. If it broke flush or below, find a hard as hell tap and tap it out to screw a bolt in (1/4") put a big washer on the bolt on use two equal size heal bars and wedge it out. Don't drive it in. There's no place for it to go...T

1 - 4 of 4 Posts