The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here we go with finding out what's in this beast. Just had to have new nozzles put in and a few other things so now I'm wondering if what I have is decent. Tomorrow will be the first load after getting it back.

3zj50365 425hp with air to air.

Part number for the nozzles is 20r-5169

Turbo BTV7501

On the test spec print out from cat it has the pump listed as 6I3060

It has been low on manifold pressure at about 18-19lbs pulling hard, pyrometer at 800-900 degrees on a hard pull. I knew I had a weak injector and after a major drop in manifold pressure to 11psi max I checked the diaphragm tube off the pump to the turbo, found oil in it, decided it was time and had new nozzles put in and the diaphragm had a hole in it.

Wondering about the combo of stuff I have? Decent?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I did use the search engine but could find no reference to my nozzles. One thread about the turbo mentioned but not much else.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pulled a load today. What a massive difference! Wow. Finally pulls from down low and my turbo temp dropped quite a bit under a load. Never got much over 800* on the hills. Manifold pressure doesn't pull past 19lbs but it pulls pretty damn good up to that point. I'll turn it up at some point.

Any help on the combo I have here is much appreciated!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a similar engine.... 3ZJ25XXX.... and have worked on many others.

For a 425 3ZJ that sounds right for stock... yes the air fuel ratio makes a huge difference if the diaphragm is ruptured...

If you want/need more power there are lots of things that can be done... you can add fuel(turn up the full load /full torque settings) and adjust the timing advance, change the governor spring etc...
I have customers that have 700 to the ground and get 6 mpg if he keeps his foot out of it..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts