The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
outlawed
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all

I have a guy wanting me to do a 3406c peec conversion for him. The engine is a 4ck15916 arr number 4p9469. He has a complete pump off a 4mg B model with the timing advance and all the goodies. I know with switching to a B Pump he would have to switch nozzles over to a B nozzle. My question is what B nozzle would match the pistons he has in the C engine. From what I looked up the piston number is 7e-0292. If anyone could give me some advice that would be great....

Thanks
Matt

·
5 Posts
Why do you need to change nozzle? I don't think the 300 psi opening pressure is a big deal just advance timing a lil
Someone correct me if I'm wrong:

The higher pop pressure of the nozzles will cause undue wear on the single scroll pump. (designed for the lower pop pressure nozzles) This excess wear will eventually cause a considerable amount of fuel in the oil.

It is my belief that lower pop pressure nozzles may be used with a dual scroll pump, but higher pop pressure nozzles cannot be used with single scroll pumps.

·
515 Posts
Use the governor assembly /rear housings and timing advance off of mechanical pump and leave main part of injection pump as is. I don,t think a 4mg advance will work with that pump though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts