The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this shudder and hop at half throttle and have replaced the following: all rear u joints and carrier bearing, tires, and throttle positioning sensor. Anybody else experience this same problem and have a solution? Thanks in advance

·
3,533 Posts
You have to tell us what truck you have, the more information you can give the better the answers will be.
First thing you want to check is the Phasing of the drive shafts. Also if you have a 4x4 then you must jack it up, even with hubs, the "U" joints can sieze and jerk the steering.
Just a thought!

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My truck info should be in my garage. What do you mean phasing of driveshaft?

·
1,324 Posts
My truck info should be in my garage. What do you mean phasing of driveshaft?
Make it easy on everyone and put it in your signature or in the details of your thread. Since everyone is a working for free here you won't get much by telling guys to go on a search to assist you. Just some free advice. :kick

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I figured out the signature

Reactions: Weld engineer

·
3,533 Posts
Phasing of the drive shaft is the "U" joints are alighned properly the cross on the diff and the cross at the steady bearing must be in the same position, the "U" joint at the transmision is 90 degrees from that.
If the drive shaft is out of phase it will try and straighten itself out on every revolution.
Just a thought!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts