The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1980 359 that needs a new frame. I was wondering if it would be easier to put anew frame under it or get a 379 rolling chassis to the body on. Would it work on a379 chassis?

·
Aimless Wanderer
929 Posts
I have a 1980 359 that needs a new frame. I was wondering if it would be easier to put anew frame under it or get a 379 rolling chassis to the body on. Would it work on a379 chassis?
You could section it either under the cab or sleeper back and it's not too bad to do one rail at a time. You have a pattern this way and be certain to measure the distance between a hole in the part of the frame that remains, to a hole in the frame for the replacement rail to start as a basis for your measurements. After you install the new rail, drill your locating hole in the correct measurement as before and this is your starting point.

PG Adams will drill and make you complete new rails if you provide measurements but it can get expensive. There are a lot of used and worn out 359's out there so you may be able to come up with something used also.

·
5 Posts
New frame rails from pg adams will run you about 4000.00 shipped with the holes in them and angle cut on the back. Thats your best bet.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts