The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered another christmas present for the wife, They'll be mounted on 15x12 MT classic II s. What can I expect from these tires? Any tips tricks or trade secrets I should know?
Tim

·
571 Posts
I know quite a few guys that run the iroks and like them. The only thing they didn't like was how fast they wore. So if you aren't putting a lot of miles on them and you want something that hooks up well wheelin, you like them.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
u should of bought the super swamper tsl's another words the iroks have smaller lug hight and the tsl have taller lugs and dont wear as bad but if ur going to be driving on the road alot u can get the tsl radials, heres a muddin tip lower the air pressure to about 15 psi in the swampers while muddin it helps it pull better through the mud

·
571 Posts
The iroks are also a little softer compound. They are a little more grippy on the rocks and the smaller lugs mean more leading edges which help on slippery surfaces like ice and granite. They probably won't clean out as well as the tsl's but should be a better ride on the road.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
that is very true about the i roks , its really what kinda grond u will be running on i roks for the rocks, tsl's for the nasty mud

·
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the comments fella's:thanks: , We run mostly wooded/muddy trails and clay pits, I might have to get the cutting wheel and hot iron after e'm if the don't clean out well but for $800 delivered I don't think I can go wrong besides she has been told when in the mud put you foot to the floor until you are out or something breaks.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I agree with fireball. Great tire on the rock when aired down, good tire on average driving dirt and what not, but a little less of a performer in the mud. Do to the shallow tread pattern. Lots of people in the jeep safari in MOAB run the irok's for the rocks. I would have went with the tsl's or the ssr. Or if you want the ultimate mud tire:bow: BOGGERS:bow: :Thumbup:

·
TeamTonka
38 Posts
I had the xact sam size tires on my 98 1/2 ton dodge and they were good in the mud, and sand but in cold weather they rode real bumpy till they warmed up. Also another thing is that they only lasted me about 12k miles so i guess all in all you get what you pay for. Hope i helped some

1 - 8 of 8 Posts