The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Training Wheels King
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will they fit? My wheel isn't centered in the back but I think it'll be ok, what about the fronts. Obviously going to need new rims, but the real question. They fit or not?

·
Built not bought...
72 Posts
I would think it would rub EVERYTING without fender mods. Normally the biggest tire for a 4.5" lift is a 37-13.5 with the correct wheel. But I have also thought about a TOYO 38-13.5 tire, but with fiberglass fenders on a 4.5 lift. I just think the 15.5s are a bit wide. But fender mods may be the key.

·
Training Wheels King
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I would think it would rub EVERYTING without fender mods. Normally the biggest tire for a 4.5" lift is a 37-13.5 with the correct wheel. But I have also thought about a TOYO 38-13.5 tire, but with fiberglass fenders on a 4.5 lift. I just think the 15.5s are a bit wide. But fender mods may be the key.
I know that Seabee runs a 38x15.50 but thats with a 6" lift. I also know that a 4.5 Icon runs just alil more than an actually 4.5, it's a big 4.5 if you will...I think I might have to center the back wheel if I want it to work tho

Also, if they can fit in the rears I would think all you may need to do is trim the front bumper alil..again with the right wheel, but I could be wrong

·
Training Wheels King
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
where did they rub? what do you think the biggest I can cram in there? I want to put a wider tire in there, my 37's look like pizza cutters...

·
R.I.P. DAD
3,800 Posts
Wont work, if you want a 15.50 do 36's or do a 12" or 14" wide wheel and a 13.50. It was tight to do 38's on a 6" and I'm down sizing on my next set.

·
Training Wheels King
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i found a set of XD's with 36x15.50's that I really wanted to pick up but when I went to look at them the rims were pitted all up and the tires were like 30% i wasn't to happy.... I think 36's is the way to go

·
R.I.P. DAD
3,800 Posts
You can still find them in 20" sizes but thats it better hurry up Matt and I talked to a Mickey thompson rep at truckfest a couple of weekends ago and he said they stopped making alot of the specialty sizes (15.50) because of lack of sales and there going to go over there inventory and come back out with only certain sizes in the 15.50 width instead of the vast selection of 15.50 sizes they did have.

·
The DUDE!!
1,806 Posts
where did they rub? what do you think the biggest I can cram in there? I want to put a wider tire in there, my 37's look like pizza cutters...
That's cause your on stock rims.....:poke

·
Training Wheels King
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's cause your on stock rims.....:poke
there also 12.50's I think a 14.50 or 15.50 would look ******... Ideally i'd find a set of those Mickey thompson classic II's and some 36x15.50's cheap somewhere but I guess now BOTH of those are going outa production

·
The DUDE!!
1,806 Posts
there also 12.50's I think a 14.50 or 15.50 would look ******... Ideally i'd find a set of those Mickey thompson classic II's and some 36x15.50's cheap somewhere but I guess now BOTH of those are going outa production
Yes, they are 12.5's, but you are on STOCK rims!!!! They are only 8" wide

Yes, mickey thompson and **** cepek made a group of tires at 36x15.5. They stopped making them cause the 36" size was taking away from the 37" and 35" sales. They had too many size options and it was affecting sales of their primary sizes. There are a few out there still that make 36's, but the not a 36x15.5. Like Eric said, we discussed this with the guy at truckfest a few weekends ago and they are going to go over their sizes and input from people that have asked for certain sizes, like me and Eric wanting 36's. From there he said they would either start making them again periodically or sell the size and design and have a sister company make them.

·
R.I.P. DAD
3,800 Posts
Why not go to a 6" and 38's, mines not that much taller than Matts and he has a 4.5" and 36's.

·
Training Wheels King
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Why not go to a 6" and 38's, mines not that much taller than Matts and he has a 4.5" and 36's.
not a bad idea, I just like the look of big tires on small lifts. Even more so on a long bed truck. I love the way tank has those 41's crammed up in his truck with only a 4.5" You know he flexes and does every other thing he can to that truck to. I know he has big cutouts tho..

Aren't there 1" spacers for the fronts of an Icon 4.5? Go to 6" - 7" full leafs in the back? Would that center the wheel? I don't mind if the truck is a bit rear end high.

Still looking for a good Mud Drag tire. I don't think a 12.50's going to cut it.

·
Built not bought...
72 Posts
How bout fenders like the ones from Hanneman? Take a look at the black 08 truck on their website. Pretty sure I read somewhere that they have a 5" flare and maybe a 3" bigger opening in the wheel well. I would think those 38s would fit then. And the A/R Mojave may be an option on the wheels. They look kinda like the M/Ts. Just my .02 though.

·
Training Wheels King
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
sounds like alot of money/work to get a few inches of tires tho... CC LB pre runner lookin truck!

I think we have talked about this in a thread I started "what if I wanna be like tank"

They could sell those fenders to me alot better by putting some 44's under that truck instead of lifting it to the sky and putitng some 37's on it..

·
Built not bought...
72 Posts
They are pricey, but the only ones that are available for the 08 and up that I'v ever seen. 99-07s a different story. At least 4 brands that I know of, and alot cheaper. The ones I'm lookin at for my 05 are from Fiberwerx. $300 a set from Polyperformance. Not a bad price.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts