The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alrighty heres the deal, im wanting to replace my worn out stock turbo an i need up pipes really bad, i also want to get injectors as well..? all for around $3,000

this is what i have come up with... buying the diystage2Ckit for the injectors an building them myself and im thinking for the turbo im going to get the early99 conversion from the dieselsite.com with the non-ebpv pedestal an getting the garret ball bearing turbo...
How much exactly are the garret ballbearing turbos an wheres the best deal for one? and what do yawl suggest?

i almost traded her in yesterday on a newer truck 6.0 but just decided to fix mine up an keep'er... that way im not in debt

·
862 Posts
I bought my Garrett BB turbo from Bob at Dieselsite. At the same time, I also had him port the compressor housing since it's a service he offeres. There have been folks here and there reporting surge issues with the BB turbo. Mine has never once surged, and I think part of that may have to do with the fact that Bob ported the compressor housing for me. It's a few extra bones for him to do that, but I ended up with a turbo that works perfectly.

Here is the link to the turbo on Bob's site, and if you scroll down to the bottom you'll see links to "Related Products". Both the ported compessor housing is linked down there, as well as the early '99 conversion kit. http://www.dieselsite.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=274

1 - 2 of 2 Posts