The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
are you talking about the heated power tow mirrors... then yes they make them for 2nd gens and u can find them on ebay for around 500$ im pretty sure

if ur just talking about the reg mirrors im not too sure then

·
Official TDG Doctor
5,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There are not OEM 2nd Gen Tow Mirrors that are heated and powered...They look dead up the same...

Nathaniel

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Don't get me wrong I like my 2002.5 mirrors over my 1998. But I'd never be putting money into swapping mirrors.

·
I like beer.
4,301 Posts
I put the non-heated/non-power on my truck and like em. I have read about doing a conversion where if you can find the power/heated ones at a junk yard or cheap enough somewhere, you can put the internals in them...

·
Official TDG Doctor
5,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where could you find the internals? funny you say junk yard thats where I found them at!

Nathaniel

·
400 Posts
Do a search for threads on mirror's and you'll find some good info that we've already talked about.

·
Official TDG Doctor
5,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I figure other people can post stuff we have already talked about, so i am too

Nathaniel

B

·
0 Posts
You have to take all the guts out of the 3rd gen tow mirrors and swap over to the 2nd gen tow mirrors. That is the only way to get power/heated 2nd gen tow mirrors.

Although to answer your original question. No, the 3rd gen mirrors will not bolt up to our 2nd gen trucks.

·
Official TDG Doctor
5,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bouncer said:
You have to take all the guts out of the 3rd gen tow mirrors and swap over to the 2nd gen tow mirrors. That is the only way to get power/heated 2nd gen tow mirrors.

Although to answer your original question. No, the 3rd gen mirrors will not bolt up to our 2nd gen trucks.
Yours arnt Power and Heated are they Bill?

Nathaniel

B

·
0 Posts
HCCUMMINSSMOKE said:
Yours arnt Power and Heated are they Bill?

Nathaniel
No they are not. They are just the standard 2nd gen 24v tow mirrors. All be it they were a tremendous upgrade on my 12v, since there was no tow mirrors produced for the 12v's. Only the small mirrors available in chrome or black.

·
Official TDG Doctor
5,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well my drivers side heat doesnt work, and the other one is cracked, so I am going to replace but Im not gonna lose my heat and power...

Nathaniel

·
I like beer.
4,301 Posts
Bouncer said:
... since there was no tow mirrors produced for the 12v's...
I thought there were those mirrors that bolted to the door in 4 places. were those not during the 12v years? :shrug:

B

·
0 Posts
NukleusX said:
I thought there were those mirrors that bolted to the door in 4 places. were those not during the 12v years? :shrug:
Yeah those ugly azz west coast mirrors that took up half you door, plus runined it. I didn't mention them though because they were not a bolt on opiton as to where the original mirror was.

·
I like beer.
4,301 Posts
Yeah, I couldnt agree more with the ugly *** part. But stickin it to the west coast? Man that is a personal attack there LOL . Granted I aint been to the East or South, I dont know if they were there as well. LOL

Yeah 4 holes in the door doesnt sound all that appealing to me either. Though nothing some simple body work and an upgrade to the flippy mirrors couldnt take care of :Thumbup:

B

·
0 Posts
NukleusX said:
But stickin it to the west coast? Man that is a personal attack there LOL .
Never ever heard them called something different in my entire life, if there is another name for them then I appologize. :usflag

1 - 20 of 22 Posts