The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
General Contractor
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As if you couldn't guess I am looking for a lift for my dually. The truck spends most of it's life towing but I do some off roading and the lift is needed. I may purchase trac bars to help keep the rear planted withthe lift, the SCT and the 15K+ trailer. Please send a P.M.I am looking to buy within the next 3-4 weeks. I have seen the DR 4.5" but I don't want to spend $1700 on just a lift then 200 for the dual steering stabiliser, 300 for the dual shock option, 1000 for the track bars, etc. etc. :pointlaugh

·
Supporting Vendor
484 Posts
What size tire are you wanting to run? I would recommned a 4" if you still want it to tow good.

·
General Contractor
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am currently running a 31-32" tire and the wheel well looks empty. The truck is a dually so I will probably stay around 33-35". The 4" will allow for this size tire. I am going to add air bags and an onboard air system as well. The lift with tires is first because I only have about 10k miles left in the tires.

·
Supporting Vendor
484 Posts
Yes, you can run a 4" and 35's. You looking to do rims?

·
I hate all day....
371 Posts
Rockstars! Ive been told less than a month now. I hope so because ive already paid for them.

·
General Contractor
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was interested in getting some 19.5" rims for the truck. I am just not interested in spending $3500 for the rims. The rims have the same weight rating as stock so I really don't see the benefits. Yea they look cool but that is about it. I am going to stick with the 17" on the truck and just go with Tires, wheel spacers and the lift right off the bat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts