The Diesel Garage banner

4.5"-6" lift for 2005 Ford Dually

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  ACC inc. 
#1 ·
As if you couldn't guess I am looking for a lift for my dually. The truck spends most of it's life towing but I do some off roading and the lift is needed. I may purchase trac bars to help keep the rear planted withthe lift, the SCT and the 15K+ trailer. Please send a P.M.I am looking to buy within the next 3-4 weeks. I have seen the DR 4.5" but I don't want to spend $1700 on just a lift then 200 for the dual steering stabiliser, 300 for the dual shock option, 1000 for the track bars, etc. etc. :pointlaugh

#2 ·
What size tire are you wanting to run? I would recommned a 4" if you still want it to tow good.

#3 ·
I am currently running a 31-32" tire and the wheel well looks empty. The truck is a dually so I will probably stay around 33-35". The 4" will allow for this size tire. I am going to add air bags and an onboard air system as well. The lift with tires is first because I only have about 10k miles left in the tires.

#4 ·
Yes, you can run a 4" and 35's. You looking to do rims?

#7 ·
I was interested in getting some 19.5" rims for the truck. I am just not interested in spending $3500 for the rims. The rims have the same weight rating as stock so I really don't see the benefits. Yea they look cool but that is about it. I am going to stick with the 17" on the truck and just go with Tires, wheel spacers and the lift right off the bat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.