The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am running 35's and a 4.5" lift and I am thinking about getting a 5th wheeler or Toy hauler. I know Paul (Bootcamp) is pulling a 5th wheel around with the same lift as I have. Question is what is the max weight I can go on the hitch and just how heavy/big can I pull with my truck? I have a Travel trailer now that I am going to trade in on the new trailer. I was looking at a Fuzion or Wolf Pack toyhauler. The Wolf pack has a Hitch Weigh of 2,664 lbs, Ship Weight of 12,630 lbs. GVWR w Brakes of 17,904 lbs. Am I asking to much from truck to pull something like this? http://www.forestriverinc.com/nd/default22.asp?page=floorview&model=396WP&choice=cher&nav=rec&name=4&series=Wolf5thWheel

Paul if you could PM your number so I can call you and talk to you.

Thanks
Luke

·
1,060 Posts
from what I have been reading your truck max truck+trailer= should not exceed 23,000lbs stock with wd hitch and brakes stock! will the truck handle this yes but should you meet Mr. DOT Highway Patrol or Trooper, your cooked. Or if anything were to happen and you get a cop after a accident some places require weighing of the truck. If that happens your insurance could Deni your claim. now that you have modified your truck lift and tires even though it's not extreme they can lower the total GVCW. they wont tell you it's lower till somthing happens.
GOOD LUCK! happy hauling!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts