The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Cummins Man
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok if this is in the wrong section I'm sorry but I'm in need of a 4" muffler or resonator. I dont really know the difference between the two but I need it to be short.

Thanks
Andy

·
Registered
9 Posts
dazed&confused said:
Ok if this is in the wrong section I'm sorry but I'm in need of a 4" muffler or resonator. I dont really know the difference between the two but I need it to be short.

Thanks
Andy
Hi Andy,

This is kind of a generalization, but a muffler and a resonator are basically the same thing. The main difference between the two would be size. Most high performance resonators are a straight through design with a perforated center tube that is surrounded by some type of packing material. Mufflers on the other hand are generally larger, and they come in a wider variety of configurations for the internal construction. Some mufflers are the same basic design as the resonators, while others use baffles or chambers, or other designs to help muffle sound and increase the exhaust flow.

We have several options available for 4" mufflers, but for diesels, we have found that Aero Exhaust's Aero Turbine mufflers work the best to help lower egt's and free up exhaust flow. They have actually been tested by the manufacturer to have better flow characteristcs than straight pipes. The mufflers are also fairly compact, the 4" muffler is available in a 20" OAL.

If you have any more questions, please feel free to shoot me an email or call us.

Kind Regards,
Tim
--
Verocious Motorsports

www.verociousmotorsports.com

e: [email protected]

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
dazed&confused said:

Thanks
Andy
Where are you planning on installing it (i.e. location under your vehicle) and what are you trying to accomplish?

If you are trying to get rid of a drone sound I can get you a short 22" 4" resonator that you can install where the cat usually goes. That solves the drone problem.

Bill

1 - 5 of 5 Posts