The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
1911 single stack
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am picking up my new 4 wheeler tommorrow! Its a 07 450 grizzly outdoorsman ed. I am sure I will be happy with it just wanting anyones pros and cons about this atv...Thanks.

·
432 Posts
Sucks when u sink the bike and get the drive belt. Did that a couple times on my 03" KODIAK......... Got the 07" BIG BEAR 400 IRS........ I love it. Its got one dirty first gear. Its like it has double low,1st trew 4th. instead of the regular 1st threw 5th

·
TDG Mafia Member #82
1,092 Posts
My brother has the 450 Rhino it seems to be pretty stout i like it well!!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
just 1 thing, remember to pull over and let polaris's go on by(lol,jus kdin)..one of my buddies has 1 and he has had no prob's with it..good luck with it and post a pic of it:Thumbup:

·
981 Posts
ymustang said:
just 1 thing, remember to pull over and let polaris's go on by(lol,jus kdin)..one of my buddies has 1 and he has had no prob's with it..good luck with it and post a pic of it:Thumbup:
hahahahahaha soooo true, i ride wheelies past yamahas with my 800 sportsman haha.

but on a serious note, you have a good quad there, the 450 will have plenty of muscle to go places. one question. can you on pavement pop the front up and do a wheely with that 450. i know with my 800 on pavement i can pop it up easulky and the first time i tried on pavement i went all the way back and was sitting on her while she was sitting on her *** haha then i hopped off and watched her sitting vertically still runnin haha dang i love my polaris haha

·
In the passing lane
1,453 Posts
It's not a bad wheeler but It will never compare to a Honda :Thumbup:

·
981 Posts
kip said:
It's not a bad wheeler but It will never compare to a Honda :Thumbup:
how do ya like having an actual tranny in yer honda? most utility quuads are just direct drive rpm monsters. my friend has a honda and says he hates it when it doesnt want to shift, yers do that?

·
In the passing lane
1,453 Posts
Nope mine is a manual trx450r kick start and all

·
981 Posts
kip said:
Nope mine is a manual trx450r kick start and all
ahh a sport quad guy, yea then i see what u meen, those hondas are bada$$

·
Registered
25 Posts
Kodiak 450s are great bikes...seriously they are....but i managed to kill my 05 in only 200 miles/40 hours.

They are awesome bikes in 4-low-locked...just a beast for its size...i got 27 inch mudlight tires on mine and will follow any stock grizz anyplace.

just a point of advice....I recommend snorkeling the tranny, bc these belt drive yammies dont like water AT ALL...as long as you can keep the water out it will be fine.

I messed mine up on its madien voyage with the new snorkles...went a tad too deep and i was the first to the mud hole....end result is a drowned bike that now has either a cracked ring or burnt valve.:damnit

been that way for about a year now...thus the reason i call her ol'smokey. also the max level of water you will want to go through stock is about up to the head lights...and also invest in some good cv guards...the cheap plastic ones i had didnt hold up long.

If you dont tear yours up or go swimming with it, the bike should last a long time

take care and dont make my mistakes...let someone go first in to the mud...lol:poke:

·
432 Posts
longdude17 said:
Kodiak 450s are great bikes...seriously they are....but i managed to kill my 05 in only 200 miles/40 hours.

They are awesome bikes in 4-low-locked...just a beast for its size...i got 27 inch mudlight tires on mine and will follow any stock grizz anyplace.

just a point of advice....I recommend snorkeling the tranny, bc these belt drive yammies dont like water AT ALL...as long as you can keep the water out it will be fine.

I messed mine up on its madien voyage with the new snorkles...went a tad too deep and i was the first to the mud hole....end result is a drowned bike that now has either a cracked ring or burnt valve.:damnit

been that way for about a year now...thus the reason i call her ol'smokey. also the max level of water you will want to go through stock is about up to the head lights...and also invest in some good cv guards...the cheap plastic ones i had didnt hold up long.

If you dont tear yours up or go swimming with it, the bike should last a long time

take care and dont make my mistakes...let someone go first in to the mud...lol:poke:
tell ya what, the new 07 big bear 400 IRS is a beast..... i love it compared to the wifes 03 kodiak...... best thing about the big bear is its manual. no belt drive. its got all the same goodies the 450 kodiak has. plus the bear has one hell of a first gear

·
Misplaced Alaskan
32 Posts
I have an 06 450 and I love it. I put ITP 589s on it to stiffen the tire roll but other than that it is stock. I have a 400 kodiak and they are comparable in overall speed but the 450 has better low end torque and the factory locker. I put a detroit in my 400 and 400 Big Bear but I like being able to select full lock. I have been very happy with my 450.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts