The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read with the PPE tuner that you can raise the rev limiter to 4500 RPM. My question is will the stock internals handle that or do you have to upgrade?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Redneck8505 said:
You should really upgrade. i had a friend who raised the rev limiter to 4500 and shucked the rods through the block!
This also happened to a friends truck.But he was drunk and did a 10 min smoke show

·
925 Posts
I've had mine to 5k with EFILive on the stock internals. Between 3600 and 4000 rpm pulling the sled depending on the gear with no trouble. I'm not sure I would recomend hitting the 4500 on a daily basis though.

·
2,509 Posts
Q'sDMAX said:
I read with the PPE tuner that you can raise the rev limiter to 4500 RPM. My question is will the stock internals handle that or do you have to upgrade?
:poke: hell i wouldn't worry about it if I were you, just run it till it blows then we'll build ya a good engine:sly:
well thats what I'm gonna do anywayLOL

·
1,705 Posts
pontiacross said:
:poke: hell i wouldn't worry about it if I were you, just run it till it blows then we'll build ya a good engine:sly:
well thats what I'm gonna do anywayLOL
Unless you have $20K don't plan on building a D-Max. I wish it were cheaper cause I'd love a built D-Max.

·
BUG JUICER and
1,239 Posts
I'm no expert in piston inertia, but I do see where many folks run 4000 rpm with little issue. I think you probably have an exponential chance of catastrophe as you rise above this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts