The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
'Ol Builder guy
7,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just passed another state inspection. Still have 35% brake life left on stock brakes. Even my tires made it through. Not even a light bulb. I did an air & fuel filter. Otherwise, I can't believe how cheap this truck is to run, especially with towing my trailer and intense stop/go driving.

By 45K on my last 3 trucks, I had been through at least 2 sets of front brakes 1 set of rear brakes and a set of ball joints. Probably over $1,000 per truck in repairs.

I'm still at an honest 12.5MPG all stop/go or loaded/towing and a heavy foot.

Real pleased so far, no reason to switch truck brands, but I can only wait so long until I get the new truck fever.....;)

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
congrats!

Reactions: Duke

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
congrats Duke, Hope she keeps ya rolling :thumbsup

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
i checked mine out when i bought the truck at 62k and they still looked brand new...but i dont know if the original owner had new ones put on it or not. My truck didnt have a GN or a brake controller in it so I think the original owner just drove it around.

·
Gone Fishin...
3,099 Posts
Congratulations Duke. Sounds like she is treating you nice.

·
'Ol Builder guy
7,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can't complain. So far so good. Only time will tell and I promise to be honest. GM, Ford or DC names mean nothing to me. I go with what suits me best!

·
182 Posts
I'm still on my orginal brakes at 85,000 miles, they are about half gone. Only thing I've had to replace was the front wheel hubs at 70,000 miles, one was shot and the other was going out. Not too bad for a truck that has done more 4 wheel burn outs then any truck should LOL.

So far I'm pleased with the way mine has been treating me and plan to keep it for a LONG time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts