The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I now drive a Duramax...
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is a rough cost of a shop buying a 47-re? I have a Wynn's warranty on my 01' and was wondering what the cost of a new 47-re compared to an ATS tranny. If I blow something on my truck I wan't to be able to replace it with an ATS part. I know some shops will work with it and some wont. Thanks...

·
I now drive a Duramax...
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And not that I have the money to buy it but how much hp/trq is the ATS stage 6 trans good for?

·
3,514 Posts
If the shop was buying the trans from dodge, it would cost a lot. My friend looked into buying one before he got his dtt, and he said it was about $6400. Now, with that said, I have never personally called and asked, and a trans can be rebuilt much cheaper than that with standard parts. If I were you, I would have them compare it to a transmission built by Dave Goerend. His prices always seem to be a lot less, and I have never heard a bad word about his product. ATS on the other hand, the only people I have known who bought their transmissions had issues with snapping shafts etc. Once they switched to a different brand that problem went away. Could've been a batch of bad shafts or something, but it left me a little leary.
Sean

·
A Slave To The Trade
650 Posts
:whs :whs :whs :whs
sstockton said:
If the shop was buying the trans from dodge, it would cost a lot. My friend looked into buying one before he got his dtt, and he said it was about $6400. Now, with that said, I have never personally called and asked, and a trans can be rebuilt much cheaper than that with standard parts. If I were you, I would have them compare it to a transmission built by Dave Goerend. His prices always seem to be a lot less, and I have never heard a bad word about his product. ATS on the other hand, the only people I have known who bought their transmissions had issues with snapping shafts etc. Once they switched to a different brand that problem went away. Could've been a batch of bad shafts or something, but it left me a little leary.
Sean
yea i just posted a forum about ats trannies just to get and general idea of what the dodge diesel community thought of them. alot of the guys here say go with gorend trans. so that maybe what i end up with since their are alot of good things said about them and plus i heard that too about ats shafts going bad. could have been a bad batch like he said but why take that chance?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts