The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
I think the 96's were a 47RH. Which has it's governer pressure controlled mechanically. Among other things.

·
85 Posts
There is a difference in the solenoids they use. I put a 97 trans in a 02 and it the trans guy had to change some of the solenoids. I don't which but it worked after he was done. It was my nephews truck and I think overdrive and lock up wouldn't work.

·
Cummins Man
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thanks guys. Hopefully HTS will respond monday to my email. I may have just bought another truck for parts and has a good 47re in it I'm told.

·
3,514 Posts
I put a 99 DTT in my 2000, about a month ago, and have encountered a couple of snags with electronics. Mostly I can't properly adjust it yet, cause my pressure gauge isn't working and I'm waiting on a new one.

You will need a different Gov. solenoid, A different Gov. pressure sensor, a wiring harness and a different gov. body bracket. The gov. body itself should be the same though. It will probably run you about $375 after tax for all the electronics. When you talk to HTS see if by chance the electronics are the same between the 2000 and 2001 cause I have an extra set of 2000 electronics and could save you a bit of money if they will work.
Sean

·
713 Posts
The harness has a different plug, it wont plug directly together. You can get a junkyard harness and scavenge what you need from the donor. Otherwise thery are exactly the same from 96 to 02-03. Call ATS and ask for Mike, he'll let you know exactly what you need...

Mikey

·
Cummins Man
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Guys, I bought a complete 4x4 rolling chasis that my engine and most of my body is going on. It is a 96 and my truck is a 01 and need to know the differences. I tried calling Dusty today but my phone failed when it finally went through so I'll try again tomorrow or the next day. GO to pick up the other truck this weekend.

·
Cummins Man
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok anyone who has been inside of one have any secrets or tips they would like to share with me?

·
3,514 Posts
mrector said:
The harness has a different plug, it wont plug directly together. You can get a junkyard harness and scavenge what you need from the donor. Otherwise thery are exactly the same from 96 to 02-03. Call ATS and ask for Mike, he'll let you know exactly what you need...

Mikey
I think the gov. solenoid may be the same but you still have to change the gov. pressure sensor (transducer) and the wiring harness inside because the plugs on those are different. The wiring harness on the truck should have the same plug as the wiring harness that he has to install inside the trans.
Sean

1 - 11 of 11 Posts