The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What valvebody has a nice authorative/firm shift that doesn't jolt you back and forth in the seat or make you feel like you need to wear your seatbelt.???? I want to be able to feel the shifts, just not be jerked all over the place.

·
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
That shift there won't take much, there isn't much too it. Basic hand tools, clean work area, etc. It's nothing much more than taking some parts of the v/b and putting it back together.

On ebay the kit only runs like 40 threw:

http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/artransmission/

He has a score at 1742 and it's at 100%.

If I'd be swappin v/b's though it'd be Goerend. Which is what most of the crowd here usually recommends.

·
46 Posts
Philly do you know if the kit comes with instructions? I would like to do this to my tranny until I get one built.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Yes. They all do because all the shift kit companies have different opinions on how to do these. You need any help just ask.

·
46 Posts
Would you recomend the kit from superior transmission?

·
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Imbiggerthanyou said:
Philly do you know if the kit comes with instructions? I would like to do this to my tranny until I get one built.

I know im only looking to make between 400 and 500 HP. My truck has 90K on it. I was told if the tranny shifts fine and i haven't had any problems, and do my normal fluid and filter changes, then the internal clutchs will be fine for what i do with the truck, and that all i need to do is a valvebody, TC, billet input shaft, and a billet flexplate. All I use the truck for anyways is a daily driver, and tow once a month if that. I don't drag race with it, but once in a great while i will have fun on the street with the truck. I don't plan on beating it or using it for drag racing/ truck pull competitions. Some reassurance on what i have been told would be great. thanks

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Imbiggerthanyou said:
Would you recomend the kit from superior transmission?

Yep. For 40-50 bucks you can't go wrong, I'm pretty sure that's how much they cost. Trany shops like to sell them at 80 though. But that's a jip.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts