The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I have a 2305 John Deere Tractor with weights and loader, I am looking for a used brush hog. I can find all kinda of 60in but not many 48s and if you find a 48in they are near new price. I dont mind a little fixer upper project but I dont want something that will need rebuilt from the ground up. the 2305 is a 24hp tractor also.

·
1,224 Posts
Guys I have a 2305 John Deere Tractor with weights and loader, I am looking for a used brush hog. I can find all kinda of 60in but not many 48s and if you find a 48in they are near new price. I dont mind a little fixer upper project but I dont want something that will need rebuilt from the ground up. the 2305 is a 24hp tractor also.
I think you should get a bigger tractor:poke 24hp is about 1 cylinders worth on my orchard tractors.

Reactions: neeltburn

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mike!

I wonder if i could put a turbo on mine? :thinking

I may have found a 4' by international technogies for an ok price. Need to call and see what a new one sells for. You ever heard of them?

·
1,224 Posts
Thanks Mike!

I wonder if i could put a turbo on mine? :thinking

I may have found a 4' by international technogies for an ok price. Need to call and see what a new one sells for. You ever heard of them?
Never heard of international technologies:shrugs

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Call around after work and can get a new frontier rc2048 for 1300 bucks and can get a landpride rcr12 48in for 1000. The frontier will absoulty work with my imatch quick hitch and has a slip clutch, the land pride may work with my quick hitch. So the question sheer pin or slip clutch?

Also posted a wtb on tractor house for a used one. Have not heard back on the one i found on craigs list.

On while i was a John Deere getting the price on the frontier, they said i need to stay with a 48in model.

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Well I thought i had a killer deal on a used 48 brush hog brand 48 cutter last night. Found the add on craigs list and called and told the guy i was very interested but want to see it first hand just to make sure it was what i wanted, so i expected him to be cool with that, well he sold it to someone prior to me being able to get there.

So the search continues. Also found a dealer that sells international technoliges and a new one runs 750. So im still watching and waiting..

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Enroute home with a 48in woods BB48 for a pretty good price. Pics will follow.

·
1,224 Posts
Enroute home with a 48in woods BB48 for a pretty good price. Pics will follow.
:rock You want to try it out on my lawn:poke? Its 6" larger then my lawn mower. My 14' flail mower is to big and the 15' Batwing to big to manuver around. I think your 48" would be just right! ;)

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im going to the farm to test it in the am.. I think there is a bit of maintenance to do but I want to make sure I get everything at once.. gonna give it a little test run...

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Test run went very well, now to get some maintenance done on it.

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here it is, Woods BrushBull 48

And here is some of what I did today.

·
236 Posts
Woods is a good mower. If there was a Kodiak or King Kutter dealer near you a brand new 48" could be had for about $600. They are well built for the "cheaper" mowers.

·
Pardue the Traveler
4,023 Posts
Did you go with the Slip Clutch or shear pin?

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This one is a shear pin, but the price was right.

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Got the gear box oil changed and new bolts for the hitch to be correct for my IMatch quick hitch last weekend. Gonna pull the blades off maybe tonight and clean them up a bit.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts