The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i was thinkin its way to much to swap my auto out for a 6 speed so i was thinkin of doing a full manual VB and a floor shifter but ive never seen a floor shifter for a deisel and with the OD being on a button on the column shift how would that work an suggestions

·
3,514 Posts
Pretty much all of the high power race trucks are Manual VB's. Our CR is and our project 12v is as well. We use B&M ratchet shifters, lock the converter with a nitrous timer, and then force O/D with a button switch. It would be kind of a pain for daily driving though.
Sean

·
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah so i would have to use a rachet shifter for a regular 3 speed and wire in the OD switch to it to activate OD. iwas wanting to do it casue when i tow well not right now since the truck is still apart but when i did tow with it even know the trans is built it shifted realsoft and real quick to the point of luggin down when i didnt want it too and going up hills with a auto sucks butt. anyway you can show me some picks o what you guys did for the OD deal and the shifter you used

·
1,189 Posts
I think you can get it to work and only have to worry about lock up as od is electronic or just put hobs switches for a certain pressure turn on od and lock up with nothing to swtich

·
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm ok. i already have a TQ lock up switch on my dash for when im cruising on the freeway for 100% lock up. can i just mount that switch on the shifter and beside it mount an electric switch for the OD

1 - 5 of 5 Posts